Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to remove pages from a PDF
As you may know, editing a PDF can be tricky without an Adobe Acrobat Pro subscription. Adobe paywalls many core features, which many users don’t appreciate. At the same time, there are a few simple yet tedious ways around these walls. Let’s review how to delete a page in a PDF.
To delete a page in a PDF, go to Smallpdf Delete Pages from PDF in your browser. Upload your PDF, then click the Delete button on each page you wish to delete. When finished, click Export > Download PDF.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
How to delete pages in a PDF
In a perfect world, you’d be able to edit PDFs using Adobe’s software for free. This would mean being able to add or remove pages in Adobe Acrobat freely. However, these features are walled behind their premium Adobe Acrobat Pro subscription, priced at USD 19.99 monthly.
You could always try converting your PDF to a Word document, then edit it in either Microsoft Word or Google Docs. That way, you could preserve most of the text and remove pages freely. However, this can be a bit time-consuming.
Let’s review the only other options available.
Online (third-party website)
Go to Smallpdf. Click CHOOSE FILE and upload your PDF.
Hover your cursor over the page you wish to delete. When the trash can icon appears, click it to delete that page from your PDF.
When you’ve deleted the necessary pages from your PDF, click the Export button in the top right.
Click Download PDF to download your PDF with the pages deleted.
- On your Mac computer, find and open your PDF file using the Preview app.
- Click the View button and select Contact Sheet.
- Select the page(s) you want to delete in the sidebar. To select more than one, hold down the Command button on your keyboard and click on multiple pages.
- After selecting the page(s) you want to delete, press Delete on your keyboard. Alternatively, you can right-click and select Delete.
- In the subsequent pop-up, select Delete once again. This will delete your selected pages from the PDF.
Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Launch your PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Go to the Tools tab at the top.
- Open the Organize Pages tool.
- Hover your cursor over the page you wish to delete. When the trash can icon appears, click it.
- In the confirmation box that appears, click OK to delete that page from your PDF.
If you wish to delete more than one page in a PDF simultaneously, hold down Ctrl on your keyboard and click on multiple pages to select them. After doing so, you can click the trash can icon at the top to delete all selected pages at once.