Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to delete your Instagram search history
Every time you search on Instagram, that search term is recorded in your account. Your previous searches can be seen underneath the search box, which is bad news if you’re searching for someone that isn’t your wife. Here’s how to quickly delete your Instagram search history from public view. Although, it should be noted that the search history is still available inside your account settings if you were to know where to look.
On the mobile app, tap the search icon at the bottom of the screen. Then, tap inside the search box. Tap See All > Clear All.
On the Instagram website, click the Search tab. You can either delete them individually by clicking the X next to them or delete them all by clicking Clear All.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
How to delete your Instagram search history on the mobile app
- Tap the search icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap inside the search box. This will make your recent searches appear underneath. Select See All.
- On the next screen, tap Clear All.
- You will be asked to confirm that you want to clear your search history. Select Clear All to confirm, or Not now if you have changed your mind.
Deleting your Instagram search history on the desktop website
- Go to Instagram website.
- Select Search on the left-hand side of the screen. Underneath the search box will be a list of your recent searches.
- You can delete them individually by clicking the X next to them or clicking Clear All.
- You need to confirm that you want the search terms cleared. Choose Clear All to complete the process.
Yes. If you request a download of your account data from Instagram, it will include your search history.
Deleting is only going to remove it from view for anyone looking at your profile. Regarding information stored on Instagram’s servers, it’s very likely that they will still be keeping those records.
Possibly because someone else is viewing your profile and is deleting the search history to prevent anyone from seeing what they searched for.
No, Instagram doesn’t offer this feature. You have to delete it yourself manually.