Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
CyanogenMod 11 snapshot M3 builds released
Hot on the heels of the huge number of official CyanogenMod 11 nightly releases which have gone live since the beginning of the month, comes a new batch of snapshot M3 releases for CyanogenMod’s KitKat 4.4 ROM.
CyanogenMod’s naming system can seem a little confusing at times, so here’s the breakdown. Snapshots (M builds) are completed roughly once a month, have undergone plenty of testing and patching, and are considered to be stable and pretty much feature complete. In other words, snapshot builds are deemed suitable for general installation, but lack the final polish needed to be considered a release candidate. The M simply refers to the version number of the snapshot.
Nightly builds, on the other hand, are constantly being revised and updated in order to patch out bugs. They’re considered functional, but users are likely to encounter small problems, at least, at some point.
Here is the list of devices with snapshot M3 builds available, as of the time of writing, complete with download links:
- Acer Iconia Tab (a700)
- Droid Incredible 4G LTE (fireball)
- Google Galaxy Nexus (GSM, Sprint)
- Google Nexus 4 (mako)
- Google Nexus 7 2013 (4G, WiFI)
- Google Nexus 10 (manta)
- Google Nexus S (crespo)
- HTC Droid DNA (dlx)
- HTC One (Verizon, International)
- HTC One S (ville)
- HTC One X+ (enrc2b)
- LG G2 (AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, International)
- LG G-Pad (v500)
- LG Optimus G (AT&T, Sprint, Canada, International)
- LG Optimus G Pro (e980)
- Samsung Captivate (captivatemtd)
- Samsung Galaxy Express (AT&T)
- Samsung Galaxy Premier (superior)
- Samsung Galaxy S (galaxysmtd)
- Samsung Galaxy S B (galaxysbmtd)
- Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G (apexqtmo)
- Samsung Galaxy S2 (International)
- Samsung Galaxy S3 (AT&T, Cricket, MetroPCS, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, UScellular, International)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 (AT&T, Cricket, C Spire, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, UScellular, Canada, International)
You can also find the full list of M3 builds here, just in case any more are added over the coming days.
If you’re keen to try out the latest builds of CyanogenMod 11, here’s a link to the updated GAPPS files as well. Enjoy.