Coolpad has announced the launch of its new flagship smartphone, the Cool Play 6. The highlight of the smartphone is its dual camera setup at the back and that it is the only smartphone in the market that packs 6 GB RAM in this price segment.
Year 2017 has been a game changer for Coolpad in India and we continue to put our resources in the country with a plan to achieve 50% percentage growth to extend our market share to 6 % of the total market in India. We already have offline presence in 8 states with a reach in 3000 Multi-brand outlets and have plans to expand it to a total number of 18 states in next one year. It is only because of the quality of our products that today Coolpad smart phones have a 25% market share on Amazon in the sub Rs. 8000 category. With this launch we not only plan to lead the online space but also to make a bigger impact on the offline market in India.
– Syed Tajuddin, CEO, Coolpad India
While the phone comes with Android Nougat out of the box, in a first, Coolpad has announced that the company will provide the Android 8.0 OTA update by December 2017 for the smartphone.
Coolpad Cool Play 6 Specifications
- Operating System: Android 7.1.1 Nougat with Journey UI
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD (1080 x 1980 pixels)
- Processor: 1.95 GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 653 | Adreno 510 GPU
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB; expandable with microSD card
- Rear Camera: 13 MP + 13 MP dual camera | Dual-tone LED flash | PDAF | f/2.0 aperture
- Front Camera: 8 MP | f/2.2 aperture
- Battery: 4,000 mAh
- Dimensions: 152.4 × 75.2 × 8.45mm
- Weight: 175g
Priced at INR 14,999, the Coolpad Cool Play 6 will be available exclusively on Amazon.in from September 4 in two color variants – Gold and Black.
According to James Du, Global CEO, Coolpad Group, India and the US are now two of the largest markets for Coolpad overseas. He shared that in the next six months, the company will launch exclusive Coolpad services centers in India in at least 5 cities.
What are your thoughts on this mid-range smartphone from Coolpad, and would you like to pick one up? Tell us in the comments!