Xperia XZ Unable to connect to networks.

Posted Mar 11, 2018 by Ciitrus

Tags:
  1. Ciitrus

Ciitrus Member Scrap Metal

So I have an Xperia XZ in the Dual Sim model,
    I loaned it to my at the time girlfriend and it led to it being dropped and shattered, so recently I replaced the screen.

Now It hadn't been turned on in months, and even before I replaced the screen it couldn't connect to Optus. I figured it was just the expired sim in it, but at the moment, I have a current Optus and Vodafone Sim inserted.
    Both work in their respective prepaid phones.

The IMEIs are visible and still working on the XZ, I've tried manually connecting to the networks, it spouts out an error saying network is unavailable, despite the network clearly being there. It's never had an issue with it's antenna in it's lifespan.

I'm rather baffled at what to do after, 8 factory resets, upgrading to android Oreo, manually setting APNs.
    Any Ideas?
    (It displays no signal for both, despite clearly being able to receive the networks information.)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  2. Jake Lam

Jake Lam Well-Known Member Android Overlord

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (N950N), Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    You would have to check and see if your device is compatible with your cell providers network bands. That said you should still at least be able to receive voice calls.

3. Ciitrus

Ciitrus Member Scrap Metal

The device worked on both networks previously perfectly fine. Got full 4g, 3g connectivity.

4. Jake Lam

Jake Lam Well-Known Member Android Overlord

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (N950N), Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    In that case take your device to the local high street retail branch of your cell provider and let them take a look at it.