What should I buy Note 4 or new mid range phone ?

Posted Jan 12, 2018 by ThunderShade

1. ThunderShade

ThunderShade Member Scrap Metal

Hello
    I am going to buy a new phone so i thought i better ask before buying ,so i was thinking about the old flag ship Galaxy note 4 or buying a new mid range phone like Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus or if there's a better phone with 200$ you can recommend me i'd be grateful.

2. Luka

Luka Administrator Staff Member Team AA HAL

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    I don't see a point in getting such an old device. At the least you would need to get a newer battery because the one it has is probably close to dead.
    I would personally go for some mid range device. Probably the Honor 7X or better yet the upcoming Nokia 6 2nd gen.

3. ThunderShade

Thx i have another question , what's better for gaming and heavy tasks ?

4. Luka

Luka Administrator Staff Member Team AA HAL

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    That's impossible for me to say. @Jake Lam could maybe fill you in, I think he still has a Note 4.

5. Septembersrain

Septembersrain Member Drone Droid

I'd go for the Note 4 on the basis of the bands available. While most newer flagship Chinese brands do have correct bands for most carriers, not all the mid to low tier ones do. Which carrier do you have? That should help you decide.

Also keep in mind removable batteries are amazing if you intend to keep the device for an extended period of time.

I still have a Note 3 that runs very well. It is not stock though, it is running Jedi Elite. I've only had to replace the battery once and I bought it on launch day.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk Pro.

6. Jake Lam

Jake Lam Well-Known Member Android Overlord

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    If you can find the Exynos variant of the Note 4. I would definitely go for that rather than a mid range device. As I have the N910C model of the Note 4, which I am still using as my daily driver. It is still running great.

7. ThunderShade

I am not sure yet ,if u don't mind telling me what's the better chipset the note 4 (exynos) or Nokia 6 2018 ? sorry for too much asking , thx all for ur help.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018 at 11:25 PM
  8. Jake Lam

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    Definitely the Note 4's Exynos soc as the Nokia 6 uses a very old SD430 soc.

9. ThunderShade

The new Nokia 6 2018 Edition uses Snapdragon 630.

10. Jake Lam

Devices:
    I would still recommend the Note 4. As the SD630 is a mid range SOC.

11. ThunderShade