What are your favourite launchers

Posted Feb 12, 2017 by zita williams

1. zita williams

zita williams Member Droid Minion

Devices:
    samsung galaxy s6 edge
    Hi
    For years now I've been using Nova launcher and opted in to the beta programme and was happily pooting along until I was just browsing the play store and saw ADW 2 Launcher now this was the very first 3rd party launcher I applied with my first real smart phone and had in fact forgotten it over the years at the time it was great ..But it hadn't had any updates since about 2011 so had been left behind in the dust by Nova and action launcher etc
    Now I'd heard that a new version was on the cards and that it had been in beta for quite awhile then come January this year it was released on the play store as (drumroll) ADW2!! So thought why not if nothing else it'll be nostalgic...Well it wonderful super snappy not at all buggy has unread count badges (pro version) and has tons of customisation
    Just wondered what you guys think and what is your favourite launcher past present..And future!

2. Jake Lam

Jake Lam Well-Known Member Android Overlord

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    I don't bother with 3rd party launchers at all and tend to use the default launcher that my devices come with. I'm really fond of TouchWiz been using it for years and I'm still using it on all my Samsung devices. Never had a problem with it at all.

3. zita williams

Devices:
    samsung galaxy s6 edge
    Yeah I do like touchwiz. But it doesn't support a lot of my icon packs

4. zita williams

Devices:
    samsung galaxy s6 edge
    Sorry the reply before was a bit short my cat was trying to steal my dogs treat...Yes they fight like cat and dog!
    Anyhoo yes I do also like Touchwiz I know a lot of people don't but it has come on leaps and bounds...But I also am heavily into customisation and I find Touchwiz a bit limited and sometimes a bit unpredictable..However it is one of 3 launchers I always go back to..And I was curious to find out who remembers fondly or not their first launcher which one they have now and which will they stick to

5. Jake Lam

Jake Lam Well-Known Member Android Overlord

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    I agree that TouchWiz is probably not the most customizable android launcher on the market. Which is probably why allot of android device owners don't like it. But personally, I never bother to customize my device much, I just slap a custom wallpaper on my home screen and lock screen then call it a day. As afterwards I put my device in a sturdy cool looking case and that is it.

6. TheOracle72

TheOracle72 Member Droid Minion

I use the Zen launcher on all my devices. Very customizable and all the features (unread count badges etc) you pay for on Nova etc are free.

7. zita williams

Devices:
    samsung galaxy s6 edge
    Interesting I've heard good things about Zen...It not one of the "known" ones which makes it attractive

8. arpanshah

arpanshah Member Drone Droid

Using nova launcher on my device.

9. Yajat Kumar

Yajat Kumar Member Scrap Metal

use pear launcher

10. awalkonthewildside

awalkonthewildside Member Drone Droid

Launchers i would recommend are

Squarehome 2 Launcher - a windows 10 style launcher which can be customised fantastic (see tutorial v0.1 in community asks for example video)

Evie Launcher - a very clean and small launcher application.

If your device is powerful enough you can use multiple launchers/ multiple profiles and more (see tutorial v0.1 in community asks)

An unreleased launcher recommendation worth trying is OF Launcher (Unreleased) found here:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=oflauncher.onefinger.androidfree

11. TheOracle72

TheOracle72 Member Droid Minion

Just started using FastKey launcher. It's brilliant, like I have a completely new phone.