Unlocked phone stuck on boot screen - HTC One M8

Posted Dec 21, 2017 by Aniruddha Barapatre

Tags:
  1. Aniruddha Barapatre

Aniruddha Barapatre Member Scrap Metal

Need help with rooting and installing LineageOS. Have done this before on Nexus 5, but today something went wrong with HTC M8 and now it's stuck on boot screen I can get into bootloader using Power and volume keys, but any other options as Recovery, Factory reset brings me to just boot screen
    1. Did a root and installed superSU successfully
    2. Flashed recovery from and install
    3. Something went wrong while installing LineageOS and did a reboot and since then no progress
    Following is the bootloader info
    *** Software Status: Modified ***
    *** Unlocked ***
    M8_UL_CA PVT SHIP S-ON
    HBOOT-3.19.0.0000

I've been trying to get into recovery from bootloader without any success for past 24 hrs.

2. Jake Lam

Jake Lam Well-Known Member Android Overlord

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    Sounds like that something went wrong during the OS installation process. You may have to reinstall it again.

3. Akash Jain

Akash Jain Moderator Sentient Droid HAL

Devices:
    HTC Butterfly 2
    You could use a RUU or try flashing the recovery using the fastboot command and then flashing the ROM.

4. Aniruddha Barapatre

Aniruddha Barapatre Member Scrap Metal

Thanks for the tip. The phone is not being recognized by any computer (PC or Mac) and that's where I'm stuck at to even use RUU.

5. Akash Jain

Akash Jain Moderator Sentient Droid HAL

Devices:
    HTC Butterfly 2
    Oh. So, you could use your SD Card. Copy the RUU to the SD card and rename it to the phone model.zip, for m8, its 0P6BIMG.zip AFAIK. Next reboot to HBOOT and it should start flashing it.