0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Perhaps

100.0%
  1. Terex

Terex Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    Sony Xperia Z2, Sony Xperia E4, Sony MDR, LG G3, Huawei Y3i
    Hi everyone, so i was thinking the other day with all the hype coming from the Galaxy S8, the LG G6 and the upcoming HTC. But Sony doesn't seem to be getting this much attention from Youtubers and others, who else agrees with me and why do you think this is hapening. Thanks for the replies

2. Jake Lam

Jake Lam Well-Known Member Android Overlord

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    Yeah, Sony hasn't been able to make much of a headway in the mobile device market within the latest few years. Their Xperia Z range of device have been plague with overheating issues, and poor construction quality. Which is why most techies are staying away from Sony devices.

3. Terex

Terex Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    i can agree with overheating issues from the camera app, but construction?, i mean they have some of the best looking phones out there and i'll say they paved the way for IP68 rating on premium smartphones

4. Terex

Terex Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    One big issue am sure they have is the six month update cycle so they don't really have anything special to bring to the table except anew processor, and i feel they just being stubborn and don't wanna improve on and admit their flaws. They need some real intervention and advice

5. Jake Lam

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    While that maybe true. It doesn't prove that Sony's take on the glass and metal sandwich construction design was any good. As past Xperia Z flagship device have been easily damaged due to it's poor glass and metal sandwich construction.

6. Terex

Terex Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    Well yes you have a god point, they not durable and there always seem to be one complain or the other from Sony devices, well i think its time i give up on em cos they seem to wanna listen or correct their errors they just want people to accept them and that's never gonna work

7. Jake Lam

Devices:
    I wouldn't give up on Sony just yet. You never know what their R&D department will have cooking up for their next round of devices.

8. Terex

Terex Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    well i guess we just gonna have to wait and see

9. Preet Grewal

Preet Grewal Member Scrap Metal

Releasing their flagship smartphone in six months is not a good thing for Sony.

10. Jake Lam

Devices:
    Yeah, that is another nail in their own coffin that they hammered in themselves. As that is what they have been doing ever since the release of the original Xperia Z. The over saturated their own market with a new model every 6 months.

11. whiteangelcl

whiteangelcl New Member Scrap Metal Drone Droid

I have used Samsung and Sony before. I think the battery of Sony is more long-lasting and durable. But I have some problems dealing with the Sony camera. I think it is too slow to open it.