Shield Tablet K1 vs Lenovo Yoga 2 8'' Windows

Posted Jul 14, 2016 by nienie

1. nienie

nienie Member Scrap Metal

I'm looking for a tablet and I need help deciding between those two.

I need it for watching movies, listening to music (on my headphones), browsing the web and playing some games (Fallout Shelter, This War of Mine, etc.).

Which one of them would run smoother and be more future- proof? Would they both last for around 6 hours without charging?

2. Jake Lam

Jake Lam Well-Known Member Android Overlord

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    If you want a device with really good performance you would be better of getting the Shield Tablet K1, as it's manufactured by nVidia and runs on their own SOC. With a really good GPU. Battery life is pretty good but nothing when compared to the Lenovo Yoga 2 as that has a much larger battery.

3. nienie

nienie Member Scrap Metal

How good exactly is the battery? Will it last for 6 hours of watching movies and browsing the web? I know that playing games will drain it faster and I don't mind.

Also: shouldn't I wait a little? I could use a tablet right now but I can wait for two months before I'd really need it. I would be really dissapointed if I had bought K1 and rumored X1 was released a month later.

4. Jake Lam

Jake Lam Well-Known Member Android Overlord

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    The Lenovo Yoga Tablet has a much larger battery. Some people have reported that they've been able to get 3 days battery life using it as a media player.

If you can wait I'd wait to see what the next couple of months will bring.