Random phone number instead of mine appears on callee's phone

Posted Nov 30, 2017 by Compex

1. Compex

Compex Member Scrap Metal

Ok, so this happens pretty randomly, and only when the person I'm calling is outside UK (roaming).

Scenario: I call the other person with my UK SIM, me being in UK. The other person, outside UK, receives my call, but instead of seeing my phone number, a different number is displayed on her phone. This different number seems to have the format of the country she's in.

This is happening rarely and at random, moreover, the number shown is different every time.

Has anyone experienced this before? Could it be related to the way roaming works, maybe assigning a temporary number which somehow is displayed instead of being hidden?

My phone is Lenovo P2 and I'm on Android 6.0.1.

2. Jake Lam

Jake Lam Well-Known Member Android Overlord

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    That shouldn't happen! Most of the time if you are calling a person in a foreign country it will display your number including the IDD code in the caller ID display or list it as a Private Number.

3. Septembersrain

Septembersrain Member Drone Droid

I have heard of this before. I forget why it happens though. I'm pretty sure it's a network error.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk Pro.