Nexus 6p keeps rebooting

Posted Oct 13, 2016 by Mariuszpl88

1. Mariuszpl88

Mariuszpl88 Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    Nexus 6p
    Im having issues with my nexus 6p. It randomly restarts itself. This morning I was watching a movie and the phone randomly restarted itself. It kept restarting for 45 minutes. Later it worked fine and around noon same story started rebooting and haven't worked since. I tried boot in safe mode ,factory reset etc by pressing power button and up volume but nothing worked. The phone doesn't boot past the google logo. Any ideas what else I can do? Thanks.

2. Jake Lam

Jake Lam Well-Known Member Android Overlord

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    Try performing a hard factory reset but wipe the cache partition in the Recovery Mode menu first. That should fix any software issues that you are currently experiencing.

3. Penguin

Penguin Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    Nexus 6P, Nexus 7
    Had the same problem and did what Jake suggests. It too a bit of doing to get it right, but at the end of the day everything is now back to normal. Best is that the cloud re-installed all of my apps. All I had to do was re-authorize some accounts.

4. Mariuszpl88

Mariuszpl88 Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    Nexus 6p
    I tried this but the problem is that it doesnt matter what option I choose phone doesnt go past the google logo.

Attached Files:

5. Jake Lam

Jake Lam Well-Known Member Android Overlord

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    Sounds like the OS might be corrupted. You will have to reinstall the OS to fix the problem.

6. Nazir Shan

Nazir Shan Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    Huawei Nexus 6P
    Hello Guys,

I faced the same issue with my nexus 6P randomly it started rebooting, I was unable to restart the phone in safe mode or recovery, cleared the cache, restored the factory setting but of no use, my device was in warranty, Huawei guys told me that they have to replace the main board because other then that they cant roll back to previous version of andriod.

Is it a bug in nougat 7.1.1 or really that was a hardware issue, and when the fix is coming out for it.

Now I have the device with main board changed and back to Marshmallow 6.0.1 and its showing the update for Nougat 7.1.1 should i go for it of not.

Need help really liked the new features in Nougat and now back on Marshmallow.

Thank guys

7. keremetes

keremetes Member Scrap Metal

Is there any update on how people fixed this problem ? I also have a similar problem with this boot loop thing. I tried to hard flash it via USB but my phones bootloader is locked and can't open it (yes I did activate all option to do with Development section so it should have been unlocked for OEM dev but its not). My phones warranty finished a few months ago so sending it back to huawei for repairs isn't an option. I teared down my phone (yes all in good shape still :) ) to see if there was any visible hardware problems but nope looks all fine. What would you suggest me to do as a last option apart from throwing it away? :)

Thx.