New phone required for iphone user

Posted Nov 13, 2017 by Chclark

1. Chclark

Chclark Member Scrap Metal

Hi

Currently using an iPhone 6 but it’s got to the point where it battery doesn’t last the day comes off charger 7:30 and is dead by 15:00.
    The new models arnt making me want to upgrade and I’m happy on sim only since I get more data that way.

What phones would people recommend. Only android experience I have is the two nexus7 (2013) tablets and I like that it’s stock android.

I’ve been looking at umidigi phones my mate has the umi plus and it’s a nice phone imo. I’ve seen the plus e and z pro are on sale at the moment and the z pro is standing out more as I know the plus has issues with the usb c socket been a bit deeper so some cables don’t work but the z pro doesn’t have that issue.

But in the end I don’t really know anything about android phones. I don’t want to pay a lot of money incase I don’t get on with it but I’m sure I will.

Thanks in advance.

2. Septembersrain

Septembersrain Member Drone Droid

If you like iPhone, why not look into the 6s? It's definitely a night and day difference from the 6 due to the increased RAM.

If you really want Android, Umidigi isn't bad but has some QC issues. Xiaomi is good, I have a Mi-4c. Huawei is nice too, my very first android the Ascend still works!

What budget are you looking for?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

3. Jake Lam

Jake Lam Well-Known Member Android Overlord

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    We need to know your budget before we can recommend anything. However the Honor 9 is a very good mid range device with flagship specs. It also retails at a very reasonable price.

4. Chclark

Hmm proberbly upto £200. I know it’s not a massive amount but large outlays are an issue.

5. Jake Lam

Jake Lam Well-Known Member Android Overlord

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    You would have to purchase a low budget device for that price. I can recommend Moto G5. But don't expect flagship performance from it.

6. Septembersrain

Septembersrain Member Drone Droid

Huawei Honor 5X maybe? It might be a little more than £200...

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

7. Chclark

Thanks. ill have a look at them. was mainly looking seeing as gb have a sale on a lot of the chinese branded android phones.