LG G4 Shattered Display and Screen Not Functioning

Posted Sep 24, 2017 by Hayden

1. Hayden

Hayden Member Scrap Metal

Hello.

*My LG G4 is from Sprint if that helps

About 2 months ago, I shattered my LG G4 in the top left corner. The phone was still perfectly usable and I continued to use it for a few days until switching to another phone for the time being. I wasn't about to risk damaging the phone anymore than it already was. Fast forward a few weeks, and I pull the G4 out to check something on it. The temporary phone I used (and still using) is an iPhone 4s, so I didn't have really any way to transfer my data. Anyways, I was using the phone. It seemed to work fine and I was able to do what I needed to do. However, while I was using the phone, I accidentally dropped it onto a hard surface. It wasn't a large fall, maybe a foot or two (I know I'm clumsy you don't have to tell me). After a few minutes, I noticed 1 or two red and green bars forming vertically across the screen. I wasn't to worried about it. I just assumed it was just damage from the drops the phone had sustained, and I continued using the G4. However, once I was just about to put it up, the green and red bars had started to grow and multiply until the entire screen was a green and red mess. Panicked, I restarted the phone, thinking that would help. I did this once or twice. Then, as I was restarting it one last time, the phone screen just died. Now, when the phone turns on, the screen lights up once and then goes black. A small part of the screen just right of the LG sign at the bottom of the screen heats up to a point where it seems like it may burn you. I feel like I know what happened, but I wanted to know if any professionals could tell exactly what's wrong with the phone. Honestly, I wouldn't be so worried about the phone, but it was leased and must be returned in working order (i.e. no damaged screen). I plan to get it fixed this week and then hopefully get a new phone soon.

If you have any answers, please tell. I would like to know what's wrong before getting it fixed or if I can even get it fixed.

2. Jake Lam

Jake Lam Well-Known Member Android Overlord

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    You probably need to get the entire front panel on your device replaced. As everything on it is probably beyond repair.