Introduction

Posted Nov 23, 2017 by ereptek

1. ereptek

ereptek Member Scrap Metal

I am Steve A. Electrical Engineer and a techie/hobbiest. Always interested in the latest gadgets. I have been a dedicated Droid user since the original (OG) Droid. Presently using a Droid Turbo 2. (Not motivated to upgrade to Pixel 2 due to no wireless charging feature.)

I also own a Samsung Galaxy Tab A.

Also, one Echo Dot and one Google Home Mini.

2. Luka

Luka Administrator Staff Member Team AA HAL

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Hey Steve, welcome to the AA forum.
    I'm also hooked on wireless charging. Can't imagine getting a phone without it.

3. ereptek

ereptek Member Scrap Metal

I am thinking about getting the Moto Z2 Force. My Droid Turbo 2 battery is acting flaky (after 2+ years). I tried changing the battery, but the screws were too tiny even for very good screw drivers. I heard a rumor that they were using off size screws. Anyway, my understanding is that the Moto Z2 has an add on back for wireless charging.

4. Luka

Luka Administrator Staff Member Team AA HAL

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    I don't know about that. You would need to have it with you all the time tho. Isn't it simpler to just get a device with wireless charging built in. The LG G6 is super cheap these days and one hell of a device. Although not all versions of that phone have wireless charging.

5. awalkonthewildside

awalkonthewildside Member Drone Droid

Welcome to the forums, i too am new here. Although i differ when it comes to wireless charging, to me, a normal device (in my case one device being a pixel XL) the correct setup can extend the battery life up to 3/4 days with normal useage, in addition to faster chargers works wonders. Also the pixel 2 charges in under an hour, but in my honest opiniom hold out for the next gen as won't be long, but that is my opinion, as said, i differ on the subject, mainly as power/battery isn't an issue for me