how to deal with FRP on Nexus 9?

Posted Jan 15, 2017 by pesos

1. pesos

pesos Member Scrap Metal

New to android so to get myself started I picked up a great-condition Nexus 9 on fleabay and of course it's FRP-locked, ugh.

Did some reading and I was able to ADB sideload the latest nougat release on it, but the FRP is still in place. A lot of the info out there seems a bit dated and I'm unclear on exactly what my options are as far as defeating it goes.

Any suggestions welcome (seller claims to be unable to work with the original owner, so that avenue is closed. he's offering a refund but I figured I'd see if I could defeat it before dealing with the shipping hassle).

Thanks!

2. Chinfuk

Chinfuk Member Scrap Metal

I'm having the exact same issue. It's saying try again in 24 hours but I'm doubtful that will make any difference. I'm being impatient I know. Does yours also say try again in 24 hours Cheers. How we can fix this. I'm also reluctant to get a refund

3. Chinfuk

Chinfuk Member Scrap Metal

Here is a photo of my error message

Attached Files:

4. barrie

barrie Member Droid Minion

Devices:
    kindle fire hd,,zte blade 3,google nexus s ,zte blade 2/orange san fransico/crescent, elephone p8000, thl 5000, thl 2015, ulephone power, vkworld 6050s, cubot bobby, cubo s222, leagoo shark 1, oukitel k10000, oukitel k10000 pro, samsung galaxy note 10.1 tablet, samsung galaxy s7 edge

Have you tried searching YouTube for videos on
    how to deal with FRP/Factory Reset Protection on Nexus 9?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017