Honor 8 ... should I buy?

Posted Oct 6, 2016 by mikevinnyroma

Tags:
  1. mikevinnyroma

mikevinnyroma Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Ace 2x, Sony Xperia Z3, ZTE Axon
    I need a new phone and I am considering and honor 8, but I need other opinions. I would like to know if it feels like a flagship phone in your hands (like does it work well, open apps and links relatively fast, will the battery get me through my day ... that kind of stuff).

Also does back glass scratch easily?

2. HonorUSA_Saily

HonorUSA_Saily Member Scrap Metal

Hello! Thank you so much for considering our device! Here is some information to touch on what you have mentioned.
    • The Honor 8 combines exclusive design and high-end craftsmanship. The premium, slick body of the Honor 8 is made with heavy 2.5D glass on front screen and back surface, finished aluminum alloy, and ultra-narrow bezel design for a much stronger body and a smooth, seamless feeling.
    • 15-layer craftsmanship and light-catching glass finish makes the Honor 8 stand out from the crowd.
    • The Honor 8 is powered by an octa-core CPU @4x2.3GHz + 4x1.8GHz built on a 16nm architecture. 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM enable flawless multitasking and seamless gaming.
    • The Honor 8 has a rapid, smart file-processing system for a smooth user experience.
    • 9V/2A fast-charging technology reaches a 47% (from 0%) charge in just 30 minutes. So when you’re out there changing the world, the Honor 8 has you covered — with up to 10 hours of nonstop video playback and a speedy recharge.
    • And with a 10-minute charge, Honor 8 gives you 2 hours of phone-call time or 6 hours of offline music listening.
    Happy Shopping! (SG)

3. Michael Achterberg

Michael Achterberg New Member Scrap Metal Drone Droid

Devices:
    Nokia 521, Galaxy S3
    I don't know as of yet. I'll keep this email and get back to soon as I can. If I can.

4. Michael Achterberg

Michael Achterberg New Member Scrap Metal Drone Droid

Devices:
    Nokia 521, Galaxy S3
    I would say you should. If it's beating out the s6 and the note 5. It's better than your monies worth.

5. Akash Jain

Akash Jain Moderator Sentient Droid HAL

Devices:
    HTC Butterfly 2
    You could check out some other phone as well, like OnePlus 3 and ZTE Axon 7. For me I would choose OP3 over Honor 8 for its slightly better performance and the dev support it has.

6. Jake Lam

Jake Lam Well-Known Member Android Overlord

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    If you want a device with great specs and a small display then the Honor 8 is a very good device. However if you want a device with a larger display you may want to consider the ZTE Axon 7.

7. DCJ

DCJ Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    Honor 8 and Nexus 6p
    I used Apple exclusively up until a year ago. The 6s was and is a great device. The honor 8 easily compares and is equal to the 6s performance wise and interface wise. I can't see any reason you wouldn't like the honor 8. Definitely flagship device at half the price. I keep two phones and the honor is my main phone. It's a great device all around.

8. mikevinnyroma

mikevinnyroma Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Ace 2x, Sony Xperia Z3, ZTE Axon

Thank you for replying! But I am not a huge fan of the apple user interface and it's honestly one of the reasons I was doubting getting the honor 8, but all that can be changed by downloading a launcher like nova or Google now. I realize that this is my personal opinion but I thank you for sharing yours.

9. tonedry

tonedry Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Honor 8 is awesome, my friend bought it. The camera is awesome. you can correct the aperture. IF you are looking for a good camera phone, then Honor 8 is awesome.

10. sayefhussain1

sayefhussain1 Member Scrap Metal

I have just purchased Honor 8 lite, and I am lamenting. It's screen touch does not seem to be smooth. It has 3GB ROM, still it seems to be clunky. More importantly, in vertical scrolling screen, if there is anything for horizontal scrolling (as are in these forums), it becomes really a hell to scroll sideways left or right. So I want to discard this lousy honor 8 lite.

Sent from my PRA-LA1 using Tapatalk

11. Crystal Reinl

Crystal Reinl Member Drone Droid

I just want to buy the honor 8, but heard honor 9 is coming soon. Difficult to decide.

12. Jake Lam

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    If you can't wait the Honor 8 is an excellent device.

13. Nio9

Nio9 Member Scrap Metal

I'm using a Honor 7. Is it a good idea to upgrade to Honor 8? I read reviews that sound quality is not very impressive in Honor 8. Is it that bad?

14. Jake Lam

Devices:
    Personally, I would as the Honor 8 is more of a flagship spec device. Can't say much with regards to the sound quality as I don't actually have one. But I have played around with one and the sound wasn't at all that bad in my personal opinion for calls.

15. twiggy

twiggy Member Scrap Metal

You could consider Honor as your first choice, since it is actually high cost-effective