AA podcast discussion.

Posted Jun 5, 2016 by peter11star

1. Piriya

Piriya Member Scrap Metal

Just found out about the last episode today ( I usually binge them)
    The AA podcast has been a staple in my list of podcasts.
    There are superbly crafted, perfect podcasts and then there is the AA podcast that pulls you in, so much so that you feel like you have become a part of the team.

Your podcast accompanied me through many troubled times, often letting me wander into unfamiliar thoughts. The thanks giving episodes, in hindsight, was some of the more memorable moments in my memory as I would join in think of things that I am thankful for.

Thank you for being super cool for the past few years, I'll be eagerly awaiting your new projects.

2. peter11star

peter11star Well-Known Member Protocol Droid

Devices:
    Galaxy s8, Nvidia Shield K1, Nexus Player, Lg G Watch Urbane, Samsung Gear fit 2
    *waits for CES Android Authority podcast*

*no podcast comes out*

*Misses android authority podcast*

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. Jake Lam

Jake Lam Well-Known Member Android Overlord

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (N950N), Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    We all dearly miss the AAPodCast

4. peter11star

Devices:
    Galaxy s8, Nvidia Shield K1, Nexus Player, Lg G Watch Urbane, Samsung Gear fit 2
    That we do. Don't know if you saw it, but Joe Hindy sorta teased a return of the podcast when he tweeted about Josh and Adam Molina in a call.

5. Jake Lam

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (N950N), Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    That would be awesome if that becomes true.

6. peter11star

Devices:
    Well it was. It just wasn't for the podcast or anything.

7. peter11star

Devices:
    Is it just me? Or did the ANDROID AUTHORITY PODCAST COME BACK AND I'M FREAKING EXCITED ABOUT IT?

8. Luka

Luka Administrator Staff Member Team AA HAL

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Yup, it's back :)

9. peter11star

Devices:
    I'm so excited to hear the first episode.

10. Jake Lam

Devices:
    YEAH! Please tell me we can still download each individual episode directly onto our device so we don't have to stream them.

11. peter11star

Devices:
    You can do that too. I'm just happy the podcast is back.

12. Luka

Luka Administrator Staff Member Team AA HAL

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    We'll have a direct link for download. :)

13. Jake Lam

Devices:
    Sweet! I hate streaming media. The buffering kills me. Shame that Josh has left AA. As the podcast won't be the same without him

14. peter11star

Devices:
    I agree with Fiesty about the fingerprints. Why can't we have fingerprint sensors on both the screen and back? I think it's a brillant. It's better than a code, especially when my hands have food on them and facial recognition is hit or miss.

15. Jake Lam

Devices:
    I feel the same way. However fingerprint scanners are faulible. Which is why I am a champion of Iris or Retina Scanners. As those are much harder to fool than a fingerprint scanner.

16. peter11star

Devices:
    Yeah but the problem is if I'm wearing sunglasses. Then I can't access my phone at all.

17. Jake Lam

Devices:
    That is true. But I remember hearing that somebody was able to use the iris scanner while wearing sunglasses. I can't remember who it was but it was around the time the Iris Scanner was introduced by Samsung

18. Jake Lam

Devices:
    What I find funny is that now everybody wants another SGS5! :D Like they just recognised that "Premium" glass and metal sandwich devices aren't all that good for the average user after all!

19. peter11star

Devices:
    So fortnite on Android is an app they refuse to put it in the play store. I understand they did that for business reasons, but this is the conquences of this. Hackers will be hackers and will hack the fortnite installer. Thankfully they patched things up.

So IFA is here. Anyone looking for anything exciting from there?

20. peter11star

Devices:
    If I had a Mi band, the 5 apps I would want to send notifications would be whatever my SMS app is, Fb messenger, Instagram, phone, and Twitter.