AA podcast discussion.

Posted Jun 5, 2016 by peter11star

1. Jake Lam

Jake Lam Well-Known Member Android Overlord

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    There is a high probability that Google will launch a Pixel tablet. As they will probably want to expand their Pixel device range. I doubt it as the first Pixel devices launched were selling at premium prices.

The best thing to do is keep your mobile devices on your person or stored securely in your bag. I don't understand why people leave them lying about in public places. You might as well put up a huge neon arrow sign that says "Free Phone Come & Get IT"

2. peter11star

peter11star Active Member Protocol Droid

Devices:
    Galaxy s8, Nvidia Shield K1, Nexus Player, Lg G Watch Urbane, Samsung Gear fit 2
    So another podcast is on the podcast apps.

So android Oreo is out. I did watch Joe's review of android O. It seems like they are going to try to make audio better with having the bluethooth sound options that are native to the OS. They really need to impliment more restrictions on background processes. I have a galaxy s7 and sometimes I think that it purposly ignores doze mode. Also, it sorta goes a little away from Material design, no?

Josh, tell your friend that its a very good idea to get a oneplus 3T right now. Its still due to get Nougat and O. 4GB of Ram, 64GB of storage. Very good idea to get it especially if you are on a tighter budget.

I think Johnny Feist is right. Limited edition be sold as a pre-order and a week after the device comes out. That gives an award to all the people who are patient a reward for waiting for a long time for the device and for the ones who are loyal to that company.

3. Jake Lam

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    Really!?!? :eek: DOSE works perfectly on my Note 4. But then again it's running on Marshmallow. I guess Samsung might address your problem with a future OS update.

I agree. The OnePlus 3T is a excellent device for the price but I'd highly recommend getting the 128GB model as 64GB storage these days just isn't enough. Especially if you are like me and like to keep media on your device on OTG.

4. Hnasxer

Hnasxer Member Scrap Metal

Do you have any that can improve the real operating equipment and without any install

5. peter11star

Devices:
    Galaxy s8, Nvidia Shield K1, Nexus Player, Lg G Watch Urbane, Samsung Gear fit 2
    Um....no? Not sure exactly what you are talking about. lol

Yeah I know. Its kinda weird because for me to get it into doze I have to turn off mobile data. I think something somewhere is keeping my phone out of doze mode.

I have a 32GB S7 and I have a 32GB sd card. My music and podcasts are all on the SD Card. Sure you want the 128GB variant if you do keep your media on local storage.

6. Jake Lam

Devices:
    That is probably true, as I've heard that some social media apps can actually override DOSE.

That is what I have on my Note 4! But I'm looking to upgrade to a 128GB microSDCard soon as I've got a GearVR headset. But yeah, 32 and 64GB of standalone storage only on a modern mobile device, just doesn't cut it these days. Apps are getting larger and larger with each iteration and the Android OS is starting to require more space too.

7. Jake Lam

Devices:
    Just finished this weeks episode of the PodCast.

I have to say I agree with Joe with regards to Capacitive Buttons on mobile devices. Which is probably why I'm gonna keep my Note 4 until the hardware becomes outdated.

8. peter11star

Devices:
    So I was in a good mood listening to the podcast a couple of weeks ago. Then Josh said in his intro "this is the last few podcast." Then I became really sad.

I am sad because the Android Authority podcast was my favorite out of all the podcasts I listen to. I will deeply miss the podcast. Especially Joe's rants and jokes. But what's your favorite memory of the podcast?

Here's mine:
    How Nirave saved Christmas

Joe's lollipop rant.

Everytime Joe made fun of Nirave. (Poor Nirave. Lol)

Joe's rant of average user phones. (It's ok Joe, us average users will always love you.)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

9. Jake Lam

Devices:
    Damn you beat me to it! Those are the things that I'm gonna miss from the weekly AAP. Hopefully the AAP will return at a later date.

10. peter11star

Devices:
    I remain hopeful also.

11. CanonAxe

CanonAxe Member Scrap Metal

What was the reason for stopping the AAP?

12. Luka

Luka Administrator Staff Member Team AA HAL

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5, Sony SmartWatch 3
    We're working on a lot of cool projects in the background that we can't talk about just yet. We need all hands on deck. :)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  13. peter11star

Devices:
    Its been 2 months and I already miss the podcast.

14. Jake Lam

Devices:
    I know what you mean. I miss all the fun stuff from the AAP Crew too :(

15. Jonathan Feist

Jonathan Feist Team AA Staff Member Team AA Protocol Droid

Devices:
    Nexus 6P, honor MediaPad X2, LG Urbane
    Yeah, we miss it too.

At least I can finally talk about what I've been up to. Our new site, if you haven't heard yet, www.dronerush.com.

I'm actually in Vegas right now for a convention on drones. Pretty exciting stuff.

Hope you guys are well.

16. peter11star

Devices:
    So this is one of the new projects?

17. Jonathan Feist

Jonathan Feist Team AA Staff Member Team AA Protocol Droid

Devices:
    Nexus 6P, honor MediaPad X2, LG Urbane
    Sure is. We're still building it, has a long way to go, but the bosses found a way to put my passion for drones to good use. I still miss the podcast though.

18. peter11star

Devices:
    That's good. You got a lot on your plate running two websites. Lol

19. Jake Lam

Devices:
    I would have loved to heard that PodCast. The IFA and MWC PodCast are so good to listen too.

20. peter11star

Devices:
    Those podcasts at the conventions are always good.