App permissions are very important in the world of Android. They tell you what your applications are doing and what they need from you in order to function. For instance, an SMS app needs permission to access your SMS messages in order to function. An app by Bitdefender Antivirus called Clueful Privacy Advisor that’ll help you learn about permissions and which apps use which permissions. To watch the review, click the video above. Otherwise keep reading for our full review.
So here’s what this app does. Every app you download had a set of permissions. Permissions are essentially parts of your phone that can be accessed. Like your contacts, SMS, internet, and more can be accessed by apps so they can function. This app shows you what every other app on your phone uses in terms of permissions.
How can I use this?
And that’s the full purpose of this app. Your apps are divided up based on how much of your privacy each app violates and you can go through and see which ones are the worst. It gives you options to share apps that are particularly bad to warn your friends or you can uninstall them on the spot. It’s quick, it’s easy, and it works.
Considering how simple the app is, you can use it for a whole bunch. You can uninstall high risk apps if Clueful can find any of them. You can learn what each app on your device is actually doing on your device. For instance, you can see all the ridiculous things that Facebook does. You’d be surprised what your apps are asking for. From there, you can decide whether or not to remove them.
- The app is very, very easy to use. You open it, and start browsing your app permissions.
- Categories of risk and individual explanations of what each permissions does makes learning permissions easy for those who are not so tech savvy
- It’s free and we love free apps.
- Uninstalling apps that are too risky is as easy as tapping a button.
- There are no advanced user options. We would’ve liked to have at least an option for root users to disable individual permissions to make an app safe without uninstalling.
Everyone who owns an Android phone should know what permissions are, how they work, and what apps use what permissions. This app does an amazing job of breaking down permissions and explaining them to people who might not otherwise stumble upon the information on their own.
While we wish there were more advanced features like permission disabling for root users, the app is otherwise a great pickup. To grab it, click the button!