Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to cancel your Tinder Plus, Gold, and Platinum subscription
Subscriptions can pile up, and paying for something like Tinder might not be the brightest idea. In its current state, you don’t get all too many groundbreaking benefits from Tinder Plus, Gold, or Platinum, and canceling your subscription could be a great way to save money. Let’s go over how to cancel your Tinder subscription.
Read more: Does Tinder have read receipts?
THE SHORT ANSWER
To cancel Tinder Gold, go to Profile > SETTINGS > Manage Payment Account. Tap Manage next to the subscription you want to cancel, then select Cancel. In the confirmation box, press YES.
How to cancel your Tinder subscription
There are three ways to cancel your ongoing Tinder subscription. You can do so by opening the app and doing so from settings, canceling it from Google Play, or going to the desktop website.
HOW TO CANCEL YOUR TINDER SUBSCRIPTION IN THE APP
- Launch Tinder and go to your Profile tab.
- Tap SETTINGS.
- Under Payment Account, tap Manage Payment Account.
- Under Your Subscriptions, find the subscription you want to cancel; it will say Tinder Plus, Tinder Gold, or Tinder Platinum. Tap Manage on that subscription.
- Next to Cancel Subscription, tap Cancel.
- In the Are you sure? box, tap YES.
Note that this method only works if you subscribe to a Tinder subscription through Google Play. That means you must have created your Tinder account with a Google account and that your Google account has a credit card linked to it that’s being used for your subscription.
This method doesn’t apply to everyone.
HOW TO CANCEL YOUR TINDER SUBSCRIPTION FROM GOOGLE PLAY
- Open the Play Store.
- Tap your profile picture in the top right.
- Select Payments & subscriptions.
- Tap Subscriptions.
- Find your Tinder subscription and choose to cancel it. You must provide a reason for cancellation, then confirm your choice.
Did you know that you could use Tinder from your computer? You don’t even need to use the app exclusively. Furthermore, you can cancel any running Tinder subscriptions from the desktop client as well.
HOW TO CANCEL YOUR TINDER SUBSCRIPTION FROM THE WEBSITE
- Log into your Tinder account from the website. You can do this on any desktop browser (or mobile browser).
- Click your profile icon in the top left.
- Click Manage Payment Account.
- Under Your Subscriptions, click Manage next to the subscription you want to cancel.
- Next to Cancel Subscription, click Cancel.
- In the confirmation box, click CANCEL SUBSCRIPTION.
Read more: What does the gold heart mean on Tinder?