Black Friday 2018 is definitely one of the best times of the year to buy products for friends, family, or even yourself. Discounts are everywhere, and so if you’ve been planning a big purchase today could be the time to make the plunge. But what if you didn’t plan to purchase anything? Black Friday is a great time for impulse buys. You know, the stuff that’s such a good (and cheap) deal you’re going to buy even if you don’t truly need it.
We’ve gathered up some of the tech items we feel are so cheap that they are worth getting even if you aren’t for sure what you’re going to do with them. So if you’ve been waiting off on jumping into the smart home game, want some extra memory, or are looking for a streamer – we got you covered. Be warned: some of these products might sell out fast at such low prices.
- Get the Amazon Echo Dot (2nd gen) for $20 off—only $19.99 – You won’t find a cheaper price for an Amazon Alexa-based smart speaker than this.
- Get the Amazon Echo Dot (3rd gen) for $25.99 off—only $24 – The latest Echo Dot was just released earlier this fall, but you can get it for over half off its normal price.
- Get the Amazon Echo Look for $150 off—only $49.99 – This hands-free camera with Alexa voice command has a truly massive discount for Black Friday.
- Get the Amazon Smart Plug for just $5 with any Echo purchase – Having a smart plug can turn your house into a true smart home, and if you are buying an Echo device anyway, this smart plug is a no-brainer as an add-on purchase.
- Get the Amazon Fire 7 tablet for $20 off – only $29.99 – This tablet is great for people who want a cheap way to play games, use apps and more on a pretty large screen.
- Get the Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet for $30 off – only $49.99 – for just $20 more, get an even bigger 8-inch HD display, along with support for Alexa.
- Get the SanDisk Cruzer 256GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive for $35 off – only $34.99 – Want a quick way to store photos and video to transfer to your PC, phone or tablet? This flash drive has tons of storage space for half off its regular price.
- Get the Mophie wireless charging pad for $37 off – only $22.99 – lots of phones have wireless charging support, and you can put this charging pad in your living room, bedroom or anywhere else for a huge discount.
- Get the Google Home Mini for $24 off – only $25 – If you prefer Google Assistant-based smart devices, the Google Home Mini can be yours for a steep price drop.
- Get the Google Home Mini and Chromecast bundle for $39 off – only $49 – Here’s an even better deal that lets you get a smart speaker and a streaming media TV dongle for less than $50.
- Get the Google Chromecast Audio for $20 off – only $15 – If you love streaming music or podcasts, the Chromecast Audio lets you do that for a lot less, thanks to this discount.
- Get the Google Chromecast Ultra for $20 off – only $49 – If you have a 4K TV, the Chromecast Ultra is a cheap way to stream 4K video, and it’s even cheaper with this sale.
- Get the Google Chromecast for $10 off – only $25 – This Chromecast is perfect for people who just have a HD TV in the house, but want to upgrade it to a smart TV.
- Get the SanDisk Ultra 256GB microSD card for $32 off – only $39.99 – If you have a smartphone with a microSD card slot, this will help expand its storage considerably, and for a lot less than normal.
- Get the Roku Ultra for $50 off – only $49.99 – This is simply one of the best streaming TV set-top boxes you can buy, and now you can get it for half its normal price for a limited time.
Be sure to check out Black Friday hub page for tons of other tech deals during this holiday shopping period. Know of any other great impulse buys you’ve seen for Black Friday? Let us know about them in the comments!