Laptops offer plenty of portability, but it can be difficult to work on as little as 13.3 inches of screen for hours on end. That’s where a big, bright monitor becomes a must-have for your home office. I recently added an extra monitor to my laptop setup and it’s a game-changer. We’ve gone ahead and put together some of the best monitor deals we could find to help you out.
See also: The best monitors for work and play
We’ve split the best monitor deals into two sections: Gaming monitors and standard monitors. Gaming monitors are often a bit wider and more powerful with higher refresh rates.
Featured deal: Save 32% on the HP V28 4K monitor
If you’re looking for a monitor that suits both your work and gaming requirements then the HP V28 monitor might just be the perfect fit for you. And at an all-time low price of $259.99 ($120 off) right now, there’s never been a better time to buy.
Related: The best HP computers you can buy
For whatever use, the 28-inch, 4K resolution display offers a large and ultra-clear picture, while dual HDMI ports and Low-Blue-Light mode keep you connected and comfortable for the longest of sessions. For gamers, the AMD FreeSync technology and 1ms response time should give you the edge over the competition.
Hit the widget below to check out the deal while you can. You’ll find many more options to suit all budgets below.
Best monitor deals
All of these deals were live at the time of writing but we’ll do our best to keep the list updated as we find new savings.
If you’re looking for a standard monitor to meet your budget then the display size is probably your top priority. You might want to consider a 24-inch model as a minimum, although if you’re shifting up to 27 inches or more you should take a few basic measurements to ensure you have the desk space.
See also: How to set up your home office
Size isn’t everything, and the better monitors will offer high resolution such as Full HD or 4K, wide viewing angles, and a rich color range. Aesthetically you may also be keen on a screen with very thin bezels, and don’t forget to ensure your choice has the requisite ports for your work or entertainment needs. The flicker-free ComfortView settings on the likes of the Dell P-Series 27-inch LED monitor help to cut down on the harmful blue light while you’re working long hours too.
Here are some of the best standard monitor deals around right now.
- Dell 27-Inch FHD IPS Ultra-Thin Bezel Monitor for $180 ($99 off)
- Dell UltraSharp 24-inch Monitor for $320 ($80 off)
- Dell 27-inch Monitor for $260 ($90 off)
- HP 27-inch Full HD Monitor for $229 ($40 off)
- HP V28 4K Monitor for $260 ($120 off)
- Samsung 27-Inch T70 WQHD Monitor for $270 ($30 off)
- Samsung 49-inch Super Ultra-Wide Desktop Monitor for $990 ($211 off)
And if you need a portable monitor to extend the screen size of your laptop while you’re on the go, you can check out these portable monitor deals.
- Lepow 15.6-inch Full HD Portable Monitor for $230 ($20 off)
- KYY 15.6-inch FHD Portable Laptop Monitor for $160 ($40 off)
- Lasitu 15.6-Inch Full HD Portable USB-C Monitor for $155 ($45 off)
Gaming monitors are more specialized than standard models, and often command higher prices as a result. If you’re a casual gamer then a good standard monitor will suffice for everything, but the more committed players with sufficient budgets can look to splash out a bit more on these gaming monitor deals.
On top of a large screen with great resolution, gamers should be looking out for high refresh rates and low response times. These factors ensure the smoothest and most immersive sessions, while also maximizing your advantage when taking on opponents. Typically you should be looking for at least a 120Hz refresh rate for gaming, and a response time of 5ms or lower is about right. A 1ms response time is ideal.
- Dell 27 Gaming Monitor for $380 ($230 off)
- Lenovo Legion 27-inch QHD Gaming Monitor for $600 ($99 off)
- Acer Predator 27-inch WQHD Nvidia G-Sync IPS Monitor for $485 ($115 off)
- Acer Nitro 27-inch Curved Full HD Zero-Frame Gaming Monitor for $267 ($63 off)
- Razer Raptor 27-Inch Gaming Monitor for $620 ($80 off)
- LG 27-Inch Ultragear QHD IPS Gaming Monitor for $297 ($103 off)
- Alienware 25 Gaming Monitor for $270 ($240 off)
- Alienware 27 Gaming Monitor for $320 ($230 off)
- Alienware 55-inch OLED Gaming Monitor for $3,035 ($1,015 off)
- AOC Agon 27-Inch Gaming Monitor for $466 ($334 off)
Those are our picks for the best monitor deals you can get right now. Whether you’re working or gaming, these options should give your PC a boost!