Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Over 40 of the best monitor deals
Laptops offer plenty of portability, but it can be challenging to work on as little as 13.3 inches of screen for hours on end. That’s where a big, bright monitor becomes a must-have for your home office. I recently added an extra monitor to my laptop setup, and it’s a game-changer. We’ve gone ahead and put together some of the best monitor deals we could find to help you out.
See also: The best monitors for work and play
We’ve split the best monitor deals into four sections: Standard monitors, gaming monitors, ultrawide monitors, and portable monitors. All of these different types of monitors have their distinctive features, so we’re splitting them up so you can find what you want faster. We’ve even thrown in some 4K TV deals, in case you’re looking for pure screen real estate to enhance your work or play.
Best monitor deals
All of these deals were live at the time of writing, but we’ll do our best to keep the list updated as we find new savings.
If you’re looking for a standard monitor, affordability and display size will most likely be your top priority. You might want to consider a 24-inch model as a minimum, although if you’re shifting up to 27 inches or more, you should take a few basic measurements to ensure you have the desk space.
See also: A buyer’s guide to 1080p vs. 4K
Size isn’t everything, and the better monitors will offer high resolution such as Full HD or 4K, wide viewing angles, and a rich color range. Aesthetically you may also be keen on a screen with very thin bezels, and don’t forget to ensure your choice has the requisite ports for your work or entertainment needs. Although there’s no one-size-fits-all for monitors, you can definitely pick up some great options.
Here are some of the best standard monitor deals available right now, primarily from Dell and Samsung.
- Sceptre 16003RT 20-inch LED Monitor for $88.97 ($31 off)
- Sceptre Curved 24-inch Professional LED Monitor for $119.98 ($30 off)
- Acer SB220Q 21.5-inch Full HD IPS Zero Frame Monitor for $99.99 ($30 off)
- Dell 27-inch Monitor for $199.99 ($150 off)
- Dell 27-inch Video Conferencing Monitor for $299.99 ($300 off)
- Dell UltraSharp 27-inch 4K USB-C Hub Monitor for $574.99 ($205 off)
- ViewSonic Omni 24-inch Monitor for $189.99 ($110 off)
- HP 21.5-inch V223ve FHD Monitor for $84.99 ($60 off)
- HP V27i FHD Monitor for $149.99 ($70 off)
- HP M27f 27-inch FHD Monitor for $199.99 ($70 off)
- Samsung 32-inch UJ59 4K monitor for $299.99 ($40 off)
Gaming monitors are more specialized than standard models and usually come with higher price tags. If you’re a casual gamer, then a good standard monitor will suffice for everything, but the more committed players with sufficient budgets can look to splash out a bit more on these gaming monitor deals.
See also: Refresh rate explained
The criteria for a good gaming monitor should include a high resolution, high refresh rates, and low response times. These factors ensure the smoothest and most immersive sessions while giving you the competitive edge over your opponents. Typically you should be looking for at least a 120Hz refresh rate for gaming, and a response time of 5ms or lower is about right, but a 1ms response time is ideal.
- Sceptre Curved 24-inch Gaming Monitor for $99.97 ($40 off)
- Sceptre Curved 27-inch Gaming Monitor for $119.97 ($66 off)
- Dell 27-inch Gaming Monitor for $269.99 ($150 off)
- Dell 32-inch Curved Gaming Monitor for $266.99 ($183 off)
- Dell 32-inch QHD 2.5K Widescreen Gaming Monitor for $449.99 ($90 off)
- LG 27-inch Ultragear QHD IPS Gaming Monitor for $274.99 ($125 off)
- LG 32-inch Ultragear QHD Nano IPS Gaming Monitor for $396.99 ($203 off)
- Asus TUF 24.5-inch Gaming Monitor for $279 ($20 off)
- Gigabyte M32QC 32-inch 165Hz QHD Gaming Monitor for $299.99 ($120 off)
- Alienware 25 Gaming Monitor for $349.99 ($175 off)
- Alienware 27 Gaming Monitor for $419.99 ($140 off)
- Samsung 27-Inch CR50 Frameless Curved Gaming Monitor for $178.91 ($51 off)
- Samsung 49-inch Odyssey Neo G9 Gaming Monitor for $1,675.89 ($624 off)
Sometimes you need the extra screen space, especially when you’re watching a movie or trying to fit multiple windows on one display for multitasking. That’s where ultrawide monitors shine and show why so many people love them. They often have a 21:9 aspect ratio, and despite the larger display and unique aspect ratio, they tend to maintain a high-quality resolution viewing experience.
Check out: The state of curved TVs in 2021
If you’re someone who likes using the split-screen option or likes having a wide viewing experience, then the immersive ultrawide display is the right match for you. The extra screen space will cost you more, but you can still find some more affordable options here and there.
- Dell 34-inch Curved WQHD for $499.99 ($270 off)
- Dell UltraSharp 34 Curved USB-C Hub Monitor for $929.99 ($310 off)
- Acer R240HY 23.8-Inch IPS Widescreen Monitor for $119.99 ($30 off)
- Samsung Odyssey G7 Series 32-Inch WQHD Gaming Monitor for $549.99 ($250 off)
- Samsung J791 34-Inch Ultrawide QHD Monitor for $659 ($241 off)
- Samsung 49-inch Odyssey CRG9 Gaming Monitor for $1,053.06 ($147 off)
- Gigabyte 34-inch 165Hz Curved Gaming Monitor for $279.99 ($90 off)
Although laptops do cover most of your portable display needs, having a portable monitor can come in handy. If you want to extend the screen size of your laptop while you’re on the go or want to connect your smartphone to the display, then a portable monitor could be a game-changer.
See more: The best portable monitors
Portable monitors do add a lot of versatility and might be that one addition that takes your workspace to the next level of flexibility. Check out some of the best portable monitor deals here down below.
- ViewSonic VA1655 15.6-inch Portable IPS Monitor for $149.99 ($80 off)
- Mobile Pixels Duex Portable Monitor/Screen Extender for $249.88 ($30 off)
- Lepow 15.6-inch Full HD Portable Monitor for $179.99 ($70 off)
- Lasitu 15.6-Inch Full HD Portable USB-C Monitor for $119.99 ($30 off)
- Kksmart 15.6-inch FHD Portable Monitor for $119.99 ($70 off)
As our own Dhruv Bhutani discovered, it can be better to use a 4K TV as a display instead of a computer monitor. It may not have the specialty features that gamers look for such as low response time or high refresh rate, but if your primary goals are multitasking and display size then it can make a much cheaper alternative to an ultrawide monitor.
See also: The best 4K TV deals
Some of the best deals on affordable 4K TVs are rounded up below. Just make sure you have sufficient space on your desk or wall before you purchase.
- Toshiba 43-inch Class C350 Series LED 4K UHD Smart Fire TV for $249.99 ($80 off)
- TCL 50-inch Class 4-Series 4K UHD HDR Smart Roku TV for $279.99 ($220 off)
- TCL 55-inch Class 4-Series 4K UHD HDR Smart Roku TV for $329.99 ($270 off)
- Amazon Fire TV 43-inch 4-Series 4K UHD Smart TV for $299.99 ($70 off)
- Toshiba 50-inch Class C350 Series LED 4K UHD Smart Fire TV for $299.99 ($150 off)
- Hisense 50-inch Class A6 Series LED 4K UHD Smart Google TV for $289.99 ($210 off)
- Amazon 55-inch Fire TV 4-Series 4K UHD Smart TV for $429.99 ($90 off)
- Amazon Fire TV 65-inch Omni Series 4K UHD Smart TV for $719.99 ($110 off)
Those are our picks for the best monitor deals you can get right now. Whether you’re working or gaming, these options should give your PC a boost!