Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Restore Your Motorola Atrix 4G Back to 4.5.91 Stock Firmware
With so many Android phones literally flooding the market these days, it’s no wonder that there are also so many firmware upgrades and custom firmware being developed and released every now and then. A superior device with great stuff neatly packed into it, the Motorola Atrix 4G is one of the devices for whom developers have devoted significant firmware love.
One reason for the attention that devs give to the Atrix 4G is that it is a fantastic device with a dual-core NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor and robust ability for handling impressive graphics and video without choking. Together with its powerful processor and 1 GB of RAM, the Atrix 4G is a mean powerhouse that can be further exploited with the use of third-party applications and custom ROMs.
In an age where technology is constantly changing at an alarming pace it is important to always have a trusted source to get your updates in a timely fashion. Custom ROMs and factory firmware updates have played a crucial role in the development in many of our devices.
For those of you who have rooted your Atrix 4G and already have installed custom ROMs, then you might already have some bad experiences with regards to unofficial firmware sources. Unofficial firmware such as custom ROMs are literally filled with many bugs and disabled features. In many cases, these ROMs are not stable for daily use.
Luckily for owners of the Motorola Atrix 4G, there’s an escape hatch for reverting to stock, functioning firmware and return the phone to its factory state.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to roll back your Motorola Atrix 4G to the official firmware version 4.5.91, regardless of your current firmware.
- Download the following files listed above and extract their contents into a folder on your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device by heading to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”. Make sure that there is a check mark on the USB Debugging option.
- Turn off your device and boot into Fastboot mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down button and pressing the Power key.
- Once inside Fastboot mode, connect your device to your computer via USB cable.
- After connecting your device, launch a command prompt on your computer.
- Change directory to where you extracted the downloaded files.
- Type the following commands below and press the Enter key after each line:
- moto-fastboot flash boot boot.img
- moto-fastboot flash system system.img
- moto-fastboot –w
- moto-fastboot reboot
- Once the last command has been entered, your device should reboot.
- Check whether or not you have successfully flashed the stock firmware by heading to “Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version” where it should show the current firmware version as 4.5.91. If there is another version except the one mentioned, then you need to redo the steps.
Congratulations! You have successfully flashed stock firmware version 4.5.91 on your Motorola Atrix 4G.