Let’s add another one to the list of home screen launchers that have incorporated elements of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Users of Apex Launcher can now test out the beta version of the app, which comes with the aforementioned addition of several Jelly Bean features.
Here’s what you can expect from the new beta version of Apex Launcher (the Jelly Bean remix):
- When placing widgets on the screen, everything else automatically moves to make room
- When they are too big, widgets resize on their own to fit on the homescreen
- Quickly remove apps/widgets by flinging them to the edge of the homescreen
- Major performance boost for homescreen and drawer
- New app enter/exit animations (JB only)
- Switched to phone layout on 7″ tablets (e.g., Nexus 7)
- Added background for widgets in the drawer
- Fixed icon ordering bug within folders
You have to be a user of Apex Launcher before you can get your hands on the beta. If you have the launcher installed, simply go to Settings, About, and change the option of “Automatically check for updates” to “Beta version”. You’ll be enjoying the Jelly Bean features on your phones and tablets in no time at all. Remember that it only works for devices running Android 4.0+.
If you don’t use the app, perhaps it’s time to go to Google Play to give Apex Launcher a whirl. While the regular version is a free download, you’ll have to spend $4 to get the Pro version to unlock the premium features.