Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Must read Android: top 14 stories this week
This week, the new Nexus got the “forgotten in a bar” treatment, the One Max revealed a little more of its secrets, we peered into the future of Android KitKat and beyond, Cyanogen dropped the bomb on us, Nvidia showed us its Note, and we remembered that HP does Android.
These are the essential stories, the summary of an entire week in just a few phrases. It’s must read Android.
HTC has a leak problem
The One Max hasn’t exactly been the best kept secret until now, but this week the upcoming 5.9-inch device starred in no fewer than three highly revealing leaks.
- HTC One Max leaks in clearest images yet
- HTC One Max leaks next to the Note 3. Snapdragon 800 still a possibility?
- First HTCOne Max camera samples, more info on the fingerprint reader
“Nexus 5” found in a bar. Wait, what?
Pro tip: don’t take your secret unannounced device to a bar. Ever. This week, we had that, and other new Nexus-related news and rumors.
- Rumors: LG Nexus 5 recorded on video in a bar; to be unveiled alongside Android 4.4 KitKat on October 14
- LG Nexus 5 (LG-D820) receives Wi-Fi certification, two versions spotted
- Nexus 5 apparently spotted in GFX Bench with Snapdragon 800 and Full HD display
- Here’s a fan-made full 3D model of the next Nexus (5)
KitKat and beyond
The upcoming chocolate-themed Android version may be 64-bit. What about Android 5? A fan-made concept video whets our appetites.
- 64-bit support coming to Android 4.4 KitKat?
- Android 5.0 concept video arrives, shows us what system-wide Google Now integration might look like
Take Note, says Nvidia
Nvidia announced a $199 Android tablet called Tegra Note. But Nvidia won’t manufacture it and won’t sell it. We explain everything in the post.
Steve Kondik and his motley crew are turning their hobby into a business. The future is wide open for CyanogenMod, especially with Oppo on board.
- Cyanogen goes commercial: $7 million raised, partnership with hardware maker to be announced soon
- Cyanogen leads talk about the future of CyanogenMod in Reddit AmA
- It’s official: the Oppo N1 will be the first Cyanogen, Inc. device
HP’s got tablets
HP was late in the Android game, but now they are putting their full weight behind it. The latest result are four new Android tablets.
What’s the biggest story in Android this week? Tell us in the comments.