Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Android Authority this week
Rumors and speculation are heating up as the new Nexus 6 looms closer, and this week brought us a few more details to geek over. But that wasn’t the only cool news in the Android universe this week – we spent some time with the Note 4, got to see what the fuss is about #gapgate, got a peek at Samsung’s interpretation of Android L, learned about Google’s interest in Cyanogen, and met HTC’s new Desire Eye for the first time.
Welcome to Android Authority this week!
Check out Jayce’s popular weekly Android news roundup!
Coming up next
We’ve got several interesting applications to our job listing from last week, and if things go well, you may begin to see some new faces around here pretty soon. We’re still looking though, so if you missed the posting somehow, it’s not too late to throw your CV in there.
Note 4! We know you can’t wait for it. The bad news is you’ll have to wait a few more weeks to actually get your hands on it. But you can live vicariously through our Note 4 feature coverage, and, of course our Note 4 review. That one’s coming pretty soon – keep an eye on the website tomorrow.
900,000 subscribers on YouTube, and we’re still growing fast. Thanks to the amazing work of my YouTuber colleagues, Android Authority is among the most popular technology channels out there. We’re taking bets internally on when we will hit 1,000,000. Should be sometime in November!
Every week, you get a new chance at winning a hot device in our Sunday Giveaway. If the OnePlus One eluded you the first six times, perhaps now is your chance? Good luck!
The stuff you shouldn’t miss
Here some other interesting posts for your Sunday reading:
- Opinion: Simon Hill lays looks at the problems that Android faces right now
- Unboxing: Note 4, the hottest device of the moment is here
- Unboxing: Our first impressions of another fan favorite, the Xperia Z3
- Opinion: It’s 2014 and we still don’t have a real Note alternative
- Tech talk: Rob Triggs walks us through the past, present, and future of flexible displays
- Open thread: Should Google keep selling the Nexus 5?
Top news of the week
And here are the top news in the Android world this week:
Nexus 6: ready for spotlight
Hello, Android L
- Recent Android L build shows off tweaked navigation and status icons
- Here’s how Samsung’s TouchWiz looks on Android L
Cyanogen snubbed Google
HTC Desire Eye
We always want to hear your feedback. Whether it’s criticism or praise, feel free to tell us what you think about Android Authority’s content, design, and community. Comment here or get in touch with us on our social channels: