Hello Android fans, this week brought us new Android devices, hot rumors about Samsung’s upcoming phones, and more. At Computex in Taiwan, Asus introduced new tablets, the ZenWatch 2, and a selfie-focused Zenfone; Google released cool updates to several of its apps; SoundHound took everyone by surprise with the very promising Hound virtual assistant; Huawei launched the P8 Lite and other products in the US; rumors surfaced about the Galaxy S6 Plus, while the Galaxy S6 Active has leaked extensively; and HTC launched the One ME, but announced another quarter of poor financial results.
Inside AA HQ
This week we’ve added more feature focus pieces to our Diving into M series, where you can get a closer look at what’s new in Android M developer preview. We’ve also brought you one of the finest Android Auto reviews on the web, courtesy of the one and only Joshua Vergara.
You’ve probably noticed that we have a new design for the website. AA now runs on the same platform as sister sites TabTimes and SoundGuys, and that means it will be easier for us to roll out new features, while keeping a cohesive appearance. Over the past week, we’ve been tweaking the design and squashing bugs, but we still have some work to do, as this is just the beginning. So please bear with us and drop us a line with your comments and ideas!
This week, we’re putting the excellent LG G4 up for grabs! Grab your sweepstakes tickets here!
The stuff you shouldn’t miss
- Ask Us Anything: Nirave answers your top questions about the G4, S6, and P8
- Feature: Which is the best phone for LTE in the UK, between the LG G4,Galaxy S6, and Huawei P8?
- For developers: These are the top announcements for developers from Google I/O 2015
- Review: Android Auto is finally available in production cars. See what it’s like
Top news of the week
And here are the top news in the Android world this week:
New Asus products
- Asus adds two capable 13MP cameras to the ZenFone recipe: meet the ZenFone Selfie
- Asus announces Quad HD ZenPad S 8.0 and three other tablets at Computex
- ZenWatch 2 unveiled at Computex: now in two sizes, refreshed design, and magnetic charger
- Asus ZenWatch 2 will reportedly offer 3 to 4 day battery life, and beyond
Google apps updates
- Google Maps is gaining real-time transit info in two new countries and four new metro areas
- Chrome OS update brings credit card autofill, physical keyboard autocorrection, and more
- Google Camera version 2.5 update brings a new focusing animation and more
- Updated Google Keyboard syncs your dictionary across devices
- Google Play update for Android TV makes 600+ apps easier to find
- Chrome Beta v44 update brings improvements to Notifications API and promoted add to homescreen
Hound is amazing
- SoundHound aims to take on Google Now with its new personal voice assistant
- Check out this amazing Hound demo
Huawei P8 Lite launch
- Huawei P8 Lite announced, coming to the U.S. today
- Huawei P8 Lite Hands on and First Impressions
- Huawei partners with Jawbone Up for TalkBand B2 launch
- Deal: Buy a Huawei smartphone, get $200 in free goodies for a limited time
Galaxy S6 Active incoming
- Updated: Official Galaxy S6 Active hardware details surface
- AT&T teases imminent Galaxy S6 Active release
Galaxy S6 Plus rumors
- HTC can’t stop launching high-end models, introduces One ME in China
- HTC promises hero product in October, significant improvements for M series next year
- HTC’s Product Strategy – time to change?
- HTC now expects to lose money in Q2, writes off $93 million due to unused production capacity
We always want to hear your feedback. Whether it’s criticism or praise, feel free to tell us what you think about Android Authority’s content, design, and community. Comment here or get in touch with us on our social channels: