Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Android Authority this week – July 5, 2015
Hello Android fans! This week us brought us a couple of hot new Android smartphones and some positively sizzling rumors about devices to come. More details surfaced about the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, as well as a first batch of reports about the Galaxy Note 5; OnePlus revealed its new phone would have a fingerprint scanner; the HONOR 7 and Meizu MX5 launched in China; we got another look at the Moto G 2015; and a first credible render of the Android-powered BlackBerry Venice showed up.
Inside AA HQ
Organization has been the name of the game at AA HQ this week. With the summer lull on the way, we’re looking in the mirror and trying to come up with ways to serve you, our loyal readers, in a better, more informative, and more entertaining way.
One initiative we’re taking is putting a bigger focus on the vibrant UK market. We have several team members based in London, and they’re eager to improve our coverage of all things British. Enter our new UK carrier review series from Nirave Gondhia and the best UK phone lists by Rob Triggs. And we’re just getting started: expect more UK coverage in the future.
We want to make it easier for you to get answers to your questions about new Android devices, so going forward, we’ll be having Ask Us Anything posts on our forums and on the website for all devices of interest. We’re piloting the concept with the nubia Z9 – feel free to jump in and ask away.
This Sunday, the prize in our giveaway is a Samsung Galaxy S6. Get your ticket here!
The stuff you shouldn’t miss
- Review: Bailey is very impressed by the Xiaomi Mi 4i, but is it fair to call it a flagship?/
- Feature: In this epic post, Nirave looks at the road to 4K and explains why 4K is just a matter of time
- Review: We love wearables, and the new Pebble Time is among the finest. Josh brings his opinions
- Review: Gaming on your TV on an Android console. The future is here and Lanh reviews it
- Roundup: Looking for some cool new apps to put on your device? Joe lists the finest apps from June
- Feature: Simon looks at Microsoft’s sinuous road in mobile and what lays ahead
- Review: Lanh reviews the nubia Z9, an earnest flagship coming to the US straight out of China
Top news of the week
Note 5 and S6 Edge Plus rumors
- (Update: More Leaked Cases) Galaxy Note 5 leak shows some 6-appeal, sure to attract h8rs
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus images, dummies, measurements and case leaked
- Trademark filing for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus surfaces, gives more weight to the rumor
OnePlus 2’s slow-mo unveiling
- Alleged OnePlus 2 render surfaces, shows off all-metal body
- Three OnePlus Two variants spotted passing through Bluetooth SIG
- OnePlus 2 will feature a fingerprint scanner that’s “faster than Touch ID”
- OnePlus now giving away cardboard VR headsets, $5 shipping
HONOR 7 is here
Another Moto G 2015 leak
This is the BB Venice
We always want to hear your feedback. Whether it’s criticism or praise, feel free to tell us what you think about Android Authority’s content, design, and community. Comment here or get in touch with us on our social channels: