Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Android Authority this week – December 6, 2015
Android fans, this week vivo introduced the sleek X6, Samsung launched its new Galaxy A (2016) mid-rangers, OnePlus dropped the invite system for the OP2, we published our best apps and games of November, Google updated a ton of its apps, Samsung announced changes to deal with the tough year ahead, and we learned when to expect HTC’s first smartwatch.
Inside AA HQ
What is the best smartphone? That’s what most people ask me when I tell them that I am a tech blogger who thinks about phones all day long. It’s a perfectly valid question – people, and “non-techie people” in particular, just want to know what to buy, what to avoid, what to pick from a crowd of aggressively marketed phones. Unfortunately, the answer is rarely as simple as “buy this one or that.”
Because it’s so hard to objectively rank smartphones, we decided to launch into the biggest, most in-depth comparison between the top Android smartphones of the moment that we’ve ever done. It’s called Best of Android, it’s coming from next week, and we’re really excited to show it to you. Keep an eye out for the announcement, and stay tuned throughout the week for in-depth analyses of all the major aspects of the phone experience.
This week, we’re giving away the excellent Nexus 6P. As usual, entering our international giveaway is as simple as a couple of clicks. Good luck!
The stuff you shouldn’t miss
- Review: Bailey looks at the uber flexible Yoga Tab 3 Pro: worth your money or not?
- Gift guide: Got $250 to spend on tech gifts? Read this guide.
- Tech talk: Is lithium the hot commodity of tomorrow? With our growing battery addiction, it’s very possible.
- Review: We already brought you Josh’s review of the Priv, now see what Lanh thinks about it.
- Tech talk: OLED offers the best colors right? Well, Quantum Dot display makers beg to disagree
- Review: A phone for audiophiles? Yes, that’s what the Marshall phone is supposed to be. See if it delivers.
- Review: After Lanh’s review, see what Josh thinks about the Nexus 5X.
Top news of the week
vivo x6: looking hot
Galaxy A (2016): high-end features in a mid-range body
OnePlus 2: farewell invites
- OnePlus unveils new exchange offers for India
- OnePlus now sells an iPhone case, comes with a OnePlus X invite
- OnePlus 2 will permanently ditch invite system starting December 5th
Best apps and games of November
Google apps updates
- Updated Chrome for Android can reduce data consumption by 70 percent
- Google finally brings its Phone and Contacts apps to the Play Store (Update: pulled back down)
- In January, Google Play Music will finish absorbing Songza
- Google now lets you star and bookmark images you find in Google Image Search
- Google’s Cardboard Camera app lets you make your own VR photos
- Next Android update will add new emoji to Nexus devices
Samsung’s Galaxy S7 and the tough year ahead
- Samsung replaces its head of mobile operations
- Report: Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge to have “little overhaul”
- Samsung Electronics president: “Next year will be tough”
HTC One Watch
Join our newsletters
Get the Android Weekly delivered to your inbox each and every Sunday, sign up for our newsletter below.