Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Android 4.4.2 update rolling out for AT&T One Mini
Right now HTC is in the spotlight thanks to yesterday’s announcement of the all-new HTC One (M8), which brings improved specs, enhanced software and refined design over its predecessor. Of course, just because the M8 has arrived, doesn’t mean that the HTC One (M7) and its Mini and Max brethren aren’t still worthy of our attention.
For the AT&T version of the HTC One Mini, today’s actually a pretty big day as Android 4.4.2 is now beginning to roll out! The update features Sense 5.5 instead of newly announced Sense 6.0, but the good news is a Sense upgrade is expected sometime this summer.
So what’s all new here in today’s update? Obviously one of the biggest changes is Android 4.4.2 KitKat and all the improvements that come with it including restyled status and navigation bars, immersive mode, strong security and more.
Here’s a full change-log of what’s new, those interested:
- Improved user interface with Android (4.4 KitKat): The latest version of Android includes enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen immersive mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security, enhanced bluetooth and smarter power use.
- Phone dialer app: The phone app now includes the ability to look up contacts directly from the dial pad, see and tap frequent contacts, and search corporate directories easily.
- Caller ID: Whenever a call is received from a phone number not in saved in contacts, the phone will look for matches from businesses with a local listing on Google Maps.
- HTC BlinkFeed™ app: The new menu gives quicker access to switch content sources and search for custom topics and includes more news sources.
- New copy and paste options: Copy and paste allows users to share or Google highlighted information.
- New e-mail user interface: E-mail look and feel similar to Gmail and allows in-line editing.
- Camera app from lock screen: Click on the camera app icon on the lock screen for quick access to the camera app.
- Control music from the lock screen: Jump to specific past songs or videos from lock screen.
- Immersive viewing: Immersive mode enables full screen viewing of books, videos, and games.
- New clock interface: The clock now has an enhanced analog user interface.
As to be expected, this is a staged rollout so it may take a few days or more to reach everyone. If you haven’t received a notification prompting you to download, you can always attempt to check manually by going into your device settings. Just keep in mind this is a sizable update at 658MB, so you’ll probably want to be on Wi-Fi before downloading.
Have you got the update yet for your One Mini, if so did everything go smoothly both during installation and after?