Once upon a time, most Americans had to go to work or school if they wanted to get on the Internet. Out of those dark ages comes Cyber Monday, the first Monday after Thanksgiving, when people flock online to buy everything from toys, to kitchenware, to power tools, and of course, electronics.
Internet access is now ubiquitous, but retailers are not going to lose a perfectly good excuse to move more merchandise. So Cyber Monday lives on.
If the thought of scouring the Amazon homepage for new deals every few minutes is painful, Amazon has a list of deals that will go live, at some point, during the 8-day promo. Unfortunately, the company did not publicize the times when these deals will go live, but at least we know what to expect.
Here’s a list of Cyber Monday discounts from the Electronics department:
- Amazon Echo, $149
- Kindle Paperwhite, $99.99
- $30 off Kindle and Kindle for Kids Bundle
- Fire Kids Edition, $84.99
- $25 off Amazon Fire TV
- Amazon Cloud Drive – one year of Unlimited Photo storage, $1
- Amazon Cloud Drive – one year of Unlimited Everything storage, $5
- LG Electronics 60” 1080p TV, less than $700
- Top-selling 48” 4K TV Home Theater Bundle, less than $600
- VIZIO 54” 5.1 Home Theater Sound Bar, less than $300
- 60% off MEE audio Sport-Fi M6 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones
- $100 off Philips Fidelio Noise-Cancelling Headphones
- Save $100 or more on select LED and curved monitors from Samsung
- Save $200 on Intel-powered Lenovo 2-in1 laptop
- Save 25% on top-rated HD action camera
- Save $40 on Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch
- Save $35 on Sony SmartBand 2
- Save 30% on Mira Wellness and Activity Bracelet, available through the new Amazon Launchpad program for startups
- Save $20 on Pencil by FiftyThree, available through the new Amazon Launchpad program for startups
Cyber Monday comes after the more famous Black Friday deals event, and you can read about Amazon’s and other retailer’s Black Friday deals in our dedicated page.
If you plan to do a lot of shopping on Amazon this holidays season, it may be a good idea to sign up for the Prime service. For $99 a year, you get free two-day shipping and access to a large catalog of music, movies, and books, plus storage space for your pictures, and more. You can test the service for free for one month.
See something you like?