Sony Xperia T users can now enjoy the super smooth CyanogenMod 10, AOKP, and ParanoidAndroid combo in the guise of XDA Developers member iGio90′s JellyBam ROM. Load up your Bond Phone with the latest JellyBam edition with a tinge of Samsung and a truckload of tweaks.
If you're looking for an amped up Android 4.1.2 experience, then you don't need to look further. JellyBam comes with all the awesome Xperia features with sound mods to fulfill your audio cravings. Not only that, you get to enjoy the features that you like on CyanogenMod, AOKP and ParanoidAndroid. Everything is butter smooth with JellyBam, but you'll have to flash it to see for yourself.
This guide shows you how to flash JellyBam ROM for the Xperia T LT30p.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Sony Xperia T, model number LT30p. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Sony Xperia T LT30p with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download the Jellybam ROM (jellybam_mint.STABLE_3.3.0_20121228.zip, md5sum: 3c78071746311700a5ace8cf9f0acec8)
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the JellyBam ROM to your phone's internal SD card.
- Turn your phone off.
- Boot the phone into Recovery Mode. To do this, power up the phone and wait for the phone’s boot logo to appear and the LED light to turn purple. Press and hold down the Volume Down button (for 2012 models) or the Back button (for 2011 models) for a few seconds and the phone will boot into recovery.
- Note: You can use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an item or option in recovery.
- Make a NANDroid backup. Go to Backup and Restore > Backup.
- If you're updating from a JellyBam ROM, proceed to step 6. If you're coming from another custom ROM do the following:
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card.
- Locate and select the JellyBam ROM and confirm that you want to install the ROM.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now.
Congratulations! You have successfully flashed the JellyBam ROM on your Sony Xperia T LT30p.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.