We all know that Android users really love tinkering with their devices. From flashing custom recovery to adding custom ROMs, tons of software have been developed to suit everyone's needs. Sony users are no exception.
With the latest Xperia flagship phone released middle of this year, many Sony fans have coveted the new and, dare I say, delectable features of the Xperia T LT30p, previously referred to as the Xperia Mint.
Although this elegant device runs on Ice Cream Sandwich out of the box, you can update your firmware and add custom ROMs by flashing ClockworkMod Recovery 22.214.171.124, thanks to XDA Developers member tilal6991, who has released the files necessary for Xperia T fans to flash their phones.
The instructions look a little complicated, so new users have to be careful in following the steps. The procedure requires you to unlock your phone's bootloader, which may void your phone's warranty. Also, unlocking the bootloader may wipe all your phone's data and settings. If you don't mind these caveats, then you're on your way to a more customizable Xperia T.
This guide shows you how to flash ClockworkMod Recovery for the Xperia T LT30p.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Sony Xperia, model number LT30p. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Sony Xperia LT30p with unlocked bootloader. For help, check Sony’s instructions on how to unlock your bootloader.
- A Windows PC
- Download the following to your computer:
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Extract fastboot.zip to C:\Fastboot (you may need to create a new directory). You will find four files inside the extracted folder.
- Copy the 15102012.img file to the Fastboot folder. You should have five files inside the folder after you've copied the *.img file.
- Switch off your phone.
- Connect your phone to the computer in Fastboot mode by plugging your phone into your computer via USB cable while holding down the Volume Up key.
- Launch a command prompt as Administrator on your computer.
- Enter the following commands:
fastboot flash boot 15102012.img
- Note: If nothing happens, you can try
fastboot -i 0x0fce flash boot 15102012.img
Note: Before you install a ROM after flashing CWM, you may need to flash boot.img of the ROM you're trying to install via Fastboot.
You now have ClockworkMod Recovery 126.96.36.199 running on your Sony Xperia T. Awesome job!