The AROMA Installer has gained a lot of popularity nowadays. Because of its unique feature that lets you customize ROMs installed on your mobile phone, a lot of developers are beginning to integrate AROMA Installer to their custom ROMs.
Recognized XDA Developers member ChaosFirZen also integrated the AROMA Installer to his MooDeD AOKP V1.0 ROM. This custom ROM is based on Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich, letting you experience pure ICS on the Sony Xperia Arc LT15i. What’s more is that you can customize your ROM via AROMA Installer.
If you are looking for an AOKP ROM with AROMA Installer, look no further for we will teach you how to flash MooDeD AOKP V1.0 ROM with AROMA Installer to your Sony Xperia Arc LT15i.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Sony Xperia Arc, model number LT15i. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A rooted Sony Xperia Arc LT15i with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download the MooDeD AOKP V1.0 ROM (MooDeD AOKP [AXP][1.0][RC1][PREM].zip, size: 147 MB).
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Charge your phone’s battery to 70% or more. This will ensure that your phone has sufficient power throughout the procedure.
- Download the MooDeD AOKP V1.0 ROM from the link above.
- Copy the MooDeD AOKP [AXP][1.0][RC1][PREM].zip to the phone’s internal SD card.
- Turn off your Xperia Arc.
- Turn on your mobile phone. When the blue LED lights up, press the back key several times until Recovery Mode boots.
- In case something goes wrong, create a backup of your current ROM. Go to Backup and Restore and select Backup on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Wipe Data/Factory Rest and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Return to the main menu and select Advanced. From there, select Wipe Dalvik Cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Mounts and Storage. From there, select Format System and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Install ZIP From SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP From SD Card and locate the MooDeD AOKP [AXP][1.0][RC1][PREM].zip. Confirm the action on the next screen to begin flashing the ROM to your mobile phone. AROMA Installer will launch. Follow the on-screen instructions and choose what you want to install.
- After installation is complete, return to the main menu and select Reboot System Now to reboot your phone with the new MooDeD AOKP V1.0 ROM.
Congratulations! You have successfully flashed Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich via the MooDeD AOKP V1.0 custom ROM on your Sony Xperia Arc LT15i. You can now enjoy a pure Ice Cream Sandwich ROM with added tweaks and customizations.