Xiaomi Starts Shipping First 600 Units of MI-ONE Android Phone with MIUI Custom ROM
Six hundred units of the initial batch of the MI-ONE smartphone have started shipping in China last week. The MI-ONE is manufactured by Xiaomi and comes preloaded with the MIUI custom ROM based off Android 2.3.5.
The price for each handset is reported to be YEN1,999 (roughly US$310).
No official announcements have been made yet as to the availability of the MI-ONE in other countries.
The phone’s hardware was custom-made the Beijing-based company Xiaomi primarily intended for running the MIUI custom operating system, resulting in a fascinating custom-made Android phone named MI-One. MIUI is one of the popular custom Android ROMs.
MIUI Androiod Developers announced in mid-August that the Xiaomi MI-ONE will have the following specs and features:
- Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread (MIUI ROM), with unlocked bootloader
- 4-inch capacitive touchscreen (854×480, aspect ratio of 16:9)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8260 (dual-core, 1.5 GHz)
- 4 GB internal storage
- 1 GB RAM
- microSD card storage expansion slot (up to 32 GB)
- 8-megapixel primary camera
- 2-megapixel secondary camera
- Microphone with noise-cancelation
- GPS, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), Bluetooth
- support for GSM/WCDMA bands
- MicroUSB port
- dedicated MI button
- 3 capacitive buttons (for Menu, Home, and Back)
- custom color back plates
- 1930-mAh battery
- dimensions: 256 mm x 63 mm x 11.9 mm
- weight: 149 g
The combination of powerful hardware and the MIUI custom ROM allows for faster multitasking and management of Android applications.
Developers have also reported that the touchscreen uses technology that allows viewing the display vividly even under sunlight or bright lighting conditions.
The 1930-mAh battery provides enough power to last longer than most battery packs on other Android smartphones.
The MI-ONE also features a MI-button, a dedicated button that can be customized to launch any application of the user’s choice.
Who’s interested in getting one of these custom-made Android smartphones with a custom Android ROM onboard?
Image credit: MIUI Android Developers