Don't just limit yourself to prettifying the outside of your device. You can buy different kinds of glamorous accessories anywhere for the external look of your phone. How about the inside look of your phone? It would be nice if your phone had a groovy external look and smashing custom theme.
The great thing with CyanogenMod and AOKP custom ROMs is the ability to change the feel and look of your device using a standard app format theme. CyanogenMod and AOKP developers have recently added the Theme Chooser to their custom ROMs. This feature allows you to choose from different custom themes.
Look no further because Jonas h, an XDA Developers member, has fashioned a new custom theme for CM9, CM10, or AOKP ROMs. He recently released the Windows Phone 7 Red theme, inspired, of course, by the Windows Phone 7 Metro interface. This theme comes with custom icons, toggle buttons, and more just to give your device a unique look.
In this guide, learn how to use Windows Phone 7 Red theme for CyanogenMod or AOKP custom ROM.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for Android devices running CyanogenMod 9, CyanogenMod 10, or AOKP Jelly Bean ROM.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Any Android device that has CyanogenMod 9, CyanogenMod 10, or an AOKP Jelly Bean ROM installed.
- Download the Windows Phone 7 RED theme (WP7 Red CM10 1.1.apk, md5sum: 13c740970f92598959847ba99259b3c4):
- Make sure that your installed ROM has a “Themes” option under the Settings menu.
- Download and install the File Manager app on your Android device.
- Enable Unknown Sources under the Settings > Security menu on your device. This is will allow your device to install apps from your internal SD card.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the APK file to your Android device's SD card.
- Use File Manager app to navigate through your SD card to where the APK file is located.
- Tap the file to start installation. On the next screen, tap Install to confirm installation.
- Once the APK file is fully installed, navigate through the Settings menu and tap Themes.
- Scroll through the list and tap Windows Phone 7 Red theme.
- Confirm the changes by tapping Apply. You will then be prompted with a warning “the theme is missing assets for your device.” Just tap Apply Anyway to apply the theme.
- Reboot your device.
- NOTE: You may be prompted with a message this “theme is improperly compiled.” Just apply the default theme that comes with your ROM. Reboot your device and apply the Windows Phone 7 Red theme again.
Fantastic! You can enjoy the Windows Phone 7 Red theme on your phone or tablet. What do you think of this theme? Let us know by leaving a comment below.