For those of us with the HTC Sensation, there are a lot of ICS ROM’s available for us to use and abuse now. The latest to hit XDA is SuperVillian, which is from the VillianROM team of developers. Earlier today we wrote about How to install VillianROM on your Galaxy Nexus. SuperVillian ROM is another Senseless ROM, meaning the developer has ripped almost all of Sense completely out of the skin, it is also based on the leaked ICS RUU that all these Sense 3.5 and Ice Cream Sandwich ROM’s have been built from. This is version 1.0 so I am sure there are some bugs as always with new ROM’s.
According to the developer on XDA:
-Speed and caching improvements
-1.5 GHZ CPU frequency
-AOSP Apps – Thanks Hawke84
-Sense mostly stripped away
-SebastianFM’s 1.5GHz Kernel
-Everything I think…
-Long first boot.
-Process crashes after setup wizard completes, doesn’t seem to occur again.
-UPDATE.ZIP IS CAUSING PROBLEMS! FIXING ASAP!
Now for the fun part! Flashing your new Senseless SuperVillian ICS ROM.
- Download the ROM from XDA Developers.
- Put the .zip file onto your SD Card.
- Reboot into Recovery – Power off, then hold the Power button and the Volume down button.
- Once in a recovery, make a backup if you want. If not proceed to step 5.
- Select the “Wipe/Factory Reset” option
- Wipe Data and Cache
- Wipe Cache
- Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Wipe Battery Stats
- Go back to the main menu and select “Install from SD Card”
- Then select “Choose .zip from SD Card”
- Select “Install”
- Once installation is complete reboot.
With most new ROM installs the first boot may take quite a while because the dalvik cache has to be written. So be patient. Once booted up, you now have SuperVillian v1.0 featuring Ice Cream Sandwich on your sensational Sensation, I know you’ve heard that a million times but I had to say it.
Hit up the comments and let us know what you think of this ROM.