by Chris Smith, 1 day ago
A new report says that Verizon may release in the future a Motorola handset similar to the XT1058 (rumored AT&T XFON), suggesting that a CDMA Google X Phone may be launched alongside a GSM version…
We have some good news for Verizon users with a Droid RAZR HD or RAZR MAXX HD smartphone — an update will be arriving soon. In fact, Verizon has announced that the Jelly Bean update will begin rolling-out next week. And nicely done, this will include both handsets.
According to details coming from Verizon, the update will arrive as Android 4.1 with software version 9.1.41.XT926.Verizon.en.US. The update will measure in at a hefty 276MB in size and will be arriving over-the-air. Those feeling like they cannot wait, and we suspect that will include more than a few — you can grab your handset and navigate to Menu -> Settings -> About phone -> System updates to try and get the process started.
Otherwise, sit back, try to remain calm and wait for the update notification to arrive on your handset. Assuming you take this route, once than happens, it is just a matter of clicking when needed. And while you wait for the update to arrive, continue reading to see what new features and changes can be expected.
- Google Now: Just the right information at just the right time. Get today’s weather before you start your day, know how much traffic to expect before you leave for work and when the next train will arrive as you’re standing on the platform. Cards appear throughout the day automatically.
- Smart Keyboard: More accurate and relevant dictionaries have been implemented. Jelly Bean’s keyboard guesses the next word before you type it and voice typing now works even when you don’t have a data connection, and text-to-Speech capabilities have been improved.
- Notifications: Take action directly from the notifications panel. Send emails, return calls, share photos and more. Notifications are expandable and you scan multiple emails, see event details or full images and more.
- Voice Search: Sometimes you’d rather just speak your search query. Android lets you search the web with your voice, and it’s convenient for getting quick answers on the fly. It speaks back to you and is powered by the Knowledge Graph, bringing you precise answers and ranked search results.
ADDITIONAL JELLY BEAN ENHANCEMENTS
- Move between Home screens with more intuitive graphics and smooth transitions.
- Enjoy more reactive and uniform touch responses.
- Improved voice and data connectivity.
- Native calendar settings have been improved for a better user experience.
- Improved reliability and connectivity of Back Up Assistant Plus & Visual Voicemail.
- Time stamp shown in outgoing multimedia has been corrected.
- Video calling portal and Accessories Application has been preloaded.
- Verizon Video has been removed.
- Color Application has been removed.
- Fully integrated Amazon app suite has been preloaded (includes Kindle, Amazon MP3, IMDb, Audible, and Zappos).