Verizon Galaxy S3 release date officially set for July 10
Yesterday we found out that AT&T’s Galaxy S3 is hitting stores on July 6, and now it’s Verizon’s turn to reveal more details about the launch of its own Galaxy S3 smartphone.
The largest mobile operator in the U.S. announced earlier today that the Galaxy S3 will be available in its stores starting with July 10, just as some of the previous rumors suggested, with prices starting at $199.99.
In case you were wondering, the 16GB Verizon Galaxy S3 will cost $199.99 when purchased with a new two-year contract while the 32GB version will set you back $249.99, also when bought with new two-year agreement. Comparatively, AT&T only has the 16GB model in stock. The device will be available in two colors, the usual Marble White and Pebble Blue, according to the official press release.
We have talked so much about the Galaxy S3 lately that the smartphone doesn’t need any more introductions. The handset is Samsung’s 2012 flagship device, and the South Korean company will reportedly hit 10 million Galaxy S3 sales this month. In the U.S., the phone will be available from six carriers including Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular and C Spire.
SAMSUNG GALAXY S® III AVAILABLE ON THE VERIZON WIRELESS 4G LTE NETWORK STARTING JULY 10
BASKING RIDGE, N.J. and DALLAS – Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) today announced that the 4G LTE-powered Samsung Galaxy S® III will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com/galaxys3 starting July 10. Galaxy S III customers will have access to the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network which is available in 304 markets across the United States. Verizon Wireless 4G LTE will be in 400 markets covering 260 million people by the end of this year.
Customers can take advantage of 4G LTE-optimized apps like Color to share live video broadcasts of life’s special moments with their Facebook® friends. Sharing live video with audio is an exclusive feature of the Color app on Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network. Customers can broadcast real-time footage of a newborn’s first step with family members who are miles away or share a beautiful view of a vacation spot to make friends at home jealous. Combining America’s largest 4G LTE network with the Galaxy S III’s 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED™ display creates the perfect duo to watch movies, television shows and other video content with apps like viewdini. Viewdini brings the power of Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network to the screen by streamlining access to videos from a wide range of content providers, including cable operators, websites and other popular video sources. The viewdini app can be downloaded from Verizon Apps and Google Play.
- Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Mobile Hotspot – Share a 4G LTE connection with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor and 2 GB RAM
- Share Shot – Create a temporary photo sharing network with a group of friends who are nearby at the same party or event; photos can be taken by any member of the group and shared with the entire group
- S Beam – Share pictures, videos, documents and more by simply touching two Galaxy S III devices’ backs together
- S Voice™ – Featuring natural language recognition, you can control the apps and services used most with words instead of touch
- Pop Up Play – Videos can be played in a small window while customers use the rest of the display to complete other tasks such as typing emails, organizing calendars and updating their social networks
- Evolved camera capabilities – Burst Shot mode instantly captures 20 continuous shots and Best Photo feature selects the best shot to display
- Enhanced camera – 8-megapixel rear camera with zero-lag shutter speed and a 1.9-megapixel front camera so customers can capture pictures and videos of themselves or video chat with family and friends
- microSD™ card slot for expandable memory
The Samsung Galaxy S III is available in 16 GB and 32 GB models for $199.99 and $249.99 respectively with a new two-year customer agreement. The 16 GB model will be available in stores and online starting July 10 and the 32 GB model will be available online starting July 10 and will be in stores in the coming weeks. Customers will also have the choice of the Galaxy S III in two colors: Marble White or Pebble Blue. Customers can visit www.verizonwireless.com/galaxys3 for more information on the Samsung Galaxy S III for Verizon Wireless.