Verizon Galaxy S3 pre-order starts on June 6, release date not revealed
Well, that didn’t take long! After Samsung confirmed earlier today that the U.S. Galaxy S3 will hit five carriers in June, Verizon issued its own press release to announce the start of Galaxy S3 pre-orders.
Galaxy S3 buyers interested in getting the handset from “America’s largest 4G LTE network” will be able to pre-order the device starting with June 6 at 7 AM by going to www.verizonwireless.com/galaxys3. Verizon will sell two Galaxy S3 versions, the 16GB and the 32GM models, priced at $199.99 and $249.99 respectively. Naturally, these are subsidized prices which require a new two-year contract. Furthermore, Galaxy S3 buyers will also have to subscribe to a 4G LTE mobile broadband data plan starting at $30 per month, which will give them 2GB of monthly data allowance.
What Verizon failed to mention in the press release is the actual launch date of the device. Sprint is already expected to hold a special Galaxy S3 launch event on June 12, so we shouldn’t be surprised to see the Verizon Galaxy S3 version hit stores around the same time.
Also earlier today we saw some leaked images of the Verizon Galaxy S3, which revealed that the carrier will sell the same handset version that’s currently available in international markets. Those images are confirmed by Verizon’s Galaxy S3 pre-order page (see image above). Curiously though, the same page also features the Pebble Blue Galaxy S3 version, a color that’s reportedly going to be replaced by Metallic Blue.
However, the phone will suffer some internal modifications, as the U.S. Galaxy S3 will pack the 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor with integrated LTE support instead of the 1.4GHz quad-core Exynos processor that equips the international model.
Other specs and features worth mentioning are the 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED display, 2GB of RAM, 8-megapixel camera, 1.9-megapixel front-facing camera, Mobile Hotspot for up to 10 devices, Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS with TouchWiz UI on top and some interesting perks including Smart Stay, S Voice or AllShare Play.
What U.S. carrier are you buying the Galaxy S3 from?
VERIZON WIRELESS ANNOUNCES SAMSUNG GALAXY S® III COMING TO AMERICA’S LARGEST 4G LTE NETWORK
The Next Generation Smartphone with the Power to Share and Intelligence to Make Everyday Life Easier
BASKING RIDGE, N.J. – Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) today announced the 4G LTE-powered Samsung Galaxy S® III is coming to America’s largest 4G LTE network.
Galaxy S III customers can use Share Shot to create their own temporary photo sharing network with a group of friends who are nearby at the same party or event. Photos can be taken by any member of the group and shared with the entire group. One touch sharing with S Beam allows friends to share pictures, videos, documents and more by simply touching two Galaxy S III devices’ backs together. Galaxy S III customers can take advantage of 4G LTE to share live video broadcasts of life’s special moments with their Facebook® friends using the Color app. As an exclusive feature for Verizon Wireless, customers can live broadcast video with audio when using Color.
The Galaxy S III has a 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED™ display and runs Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Watch a video while texting friends or surfing the Web at 4G LTE speeds with Pop Up Play. Videos can be played in a small window while customers use the rest of the display to complete other tasks such as typing emails, organizing calendars and updating their social networks. Multi-tasking is seamless with the 1.5 GHz dual-core processor and 2 GB RAM paired with the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network. Customers can also interact with the Galaxy S III in simple and fun ways thanks to Motion Gesture. With Motion Gesture, customers can initiate a phone call from a text message by simply raising the phone to their head, or they can pause a video by covering the display with their hand, and even get to the top of an email message and contact list.
The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network is currently available in 258 markets, covering two-thirds of the of the U.S. population. Verizon Wireless 4G LTE will be in 400 markets covering 260 million people by the end of this year.
- Smart Stay – So intelligent, the display only dims when the customers’ eyes are closed or no longer facing the screen.
- S Voice™ – Featuring natural language recognition, you can control the apps and services used most with words instead of touch. Use S Voice to turn the volume up or down on the music player, answer or reject incoming calls, shut off or choose to snooze the alarm clock, or take a picture by saying “smile” or “cheese.”
- AllShare® Play – Share HD videos and your favorite songs by streaming multimedia content from the Galaxy S III to a compatible Samsung Smart TV® or home audio system when connected to the same Wi-Fi network, and remotely access files on up to six Samsung devices.
- Evolved camera capabilities – Burst Shot mode instantly captures 20 continuous shots and Best Photo feature selects the best shot to display.
- Enhanced camera – 8-megapixel rear camera with zero-lag shutter speed and a 1.9-megapixel front camera so customers can capture pictures and videos of themselves or video chat with family and friends.
- Mobile Hotspot – share a 4G LTE connection with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices.
· microSD™ card slot for expandable memory.
Pricing and availability:
- Samsung Galaxy S III will be available online for pre-order starting June 6 at 7 a.m. EST at www.verizonwireless.com/galaxys3 and will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online in the coming weeks.
- The Samsung Galaxy S III will be available in 16 GB and 32 GB models for $199.99 and $249.99 respectively with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will also have the choice of the Galaxy S III in two colors, Marble White or Pebble Blue.
- Customers that purchase a Galaxy S III will need to subscribe to a 4G LTE mobile broadband data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data.
Customers can visit http://www.verizonwireless.com/galaxys3 to sign up for more information and availability details on the Samsung Galaxy S III for Verizon Wireless. For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com. Follow @VZWnews on Twitter™ for the latest news on Verizon Wireless.