Updated Android Market App APK Leaked, New Features Inside Shopping Bag
App shopping on the Android Market while on the go is about to change, thanks to our friends over at Android Police, who have discovered a leak to download the Android Package (APK) for a new version of the official Android Market app (version 3.3.11).
Android smartphone users may rejoice, as this new version of the Android Market app works fine on mobile devices, but not so on Honeycomb tablets, there being reports of far too many bugs and glitches.
Featuring better app download controls for users, the new version of the Android Market app includes the following improvements:
- Auto-update apps. Always behind on the latest upgrades for your apps? Not to worry. Installed apps will automatically be updated to new versions once available. You can now forget about having to select Allow Automatic Update option for each installed app. This feature doesn’t work for apps that will require new user permission, though, as these apps will need to be updated manually.
- Update over Wi-Fi only. No need to fret over being charged extra mobile data charges. Updates can now be set to function over Wi-Fi only, letting you use those precious mobile data minutes for when you really need to stay connected in areas not within a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Auto-add shortcuts. What’s better than purchasing an app and then seeing its shortcut right on your homescreen so you can use it right away? This is now possible with the new app version.
- Voice command support. This is an added feature for users with accessibility issues, or for when you’re just feeling lazy and want to “call out” an app instead of having to type it out and look it up.
- Star ratings on app images. Download popularity ratings for each app now appear right beside it on the new Android Market app. Now you’ll know which apps are high-rated with just a quick glance.
- New app drawer icon. Pretty cool, huh?
- User interface tweaks. Icons and fonts look denser and there’s that over-all cleaner, sleeker, smarter look.
Here’s a sneak peak at the new interface:
Plus, we have gotten insider information that the new app version might include PayPal integration. Things are just beginning to get more exciting.
Once the APK is copied to your device, install it using a file explorer app. Before installing, make sure installing third-party apps is enabled on your device: Select the Unknown sources option on the Menu > Settings > Applications screen. If the app starts force closing, here’s what you can do for a remedy: Just open Settings > Applications > Manage > Market, and clear data.
Have you tried the new Android Market app? What’s it like?