HTC Sensation XL users will be happy to flash this new ROM called Ice Cold Zombi.e made by benjamin.j.goodwin of XDA Developers Forum. This ROM has an ICS and Sense 3.6 User interface. Your phone also gains extra features and improvements like the Sony Bravia Engine which will improve the image and picture quality of your phone, faster browsing and faster phone performance.
If you want to try this ROM, just follow the simple steps below.
- Make sure that your phone battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- HTC Sensation XL with CWM recovery
- USB Data Cable
- First, download the Ice Cold Zombi.e-1.2.zip on your computer.
- Then, connect your device to the computer using your USB Data Cable.
- Next, copy the zip file you downloaded earlier to the root directory of your SD card.
- Disconnect your phone to the computer.
- turn off your phone.
- Go to Clockworkmod recovery. Press and Hold the Volume down button and the Power button. From the resulting HBOOT menu, press Volume down to select the Recovery option and press the Power button to activate it
- Once you’re in the recovery, do a nandroid backup by selecting backup> backup and restore> then backup to start saving your old ROM. (This will make a full backup of your existing ROM, and save it to the SD card. You can restore from this backup, if something gets messed up with the installation.)
- Now do a full wipe by selecting Mount and Storage then wipe the following:
- Format System
- Format Data
- Format Cache
- Go back to main menu and select advance then wipe dalvik-cache.
- From the main menu select install zip from Sd card> choose zip from Sd card> then select the Ice Cold Zombi.e-1.2.zip to start flashing the Ice Cold Zombi.e rom.
- Finally, go back to main menu and select Reboot system now.
Congratulations, you can now enjoy exploring your new HTC Sensation XL running on Ice Cold Zombi.e ROM. Cheers!