Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 users will be happy to know that their device will get a taste of Ice Cream Sandwich ROM. This is made possible by stimpz0r of XDA Developers Forum who ported the AOKP ROM. With this ROM you’ll have a Faster device and it has a new feature called ROM Control Mod which can help you customize your device easily.
- Make sure that your device battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your device data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7″ (rooted and CWM recovery installed)
- USB Data Cable
- First, download the aokp_galaxytab_build-25-squished.zip to your computer.
- Then, connect your device to the computer using your USB Data Cable.
- Next, copy the zip file to the root directory of your SD card.
- Disconnect your device to the computer.
- Turn off your device.
- Go to recovery mode: Press and hold the Volume Up + Power buttons together till the screen turns on, then let them go. Use volume buttons to scroll up and down and the power button to select options in recovery.
- Once you’re in the recovery mode, do a Nandroid Backup by selecting Backup and Restore> Backup. (This will make a full backup of your existing ROM, and save it to the SD card. You can restore from this backup, if something gets messed up with the installation.)
- Now do a full wipe by selecting Mount and Storage then wipe the following:
- Format System
- Format Data
- Format Cache
- Go back to main menu and select advance then wipe dalvik-cache.
- From the main menu select install zip from Sd card> choose zip from Sd card> then select the aokp_galaxytab_build-25-squished.zip to start flashing the AOKP ROM.
- Finally, go back to main menu and select Reboot system now.
Congratulations, you can now enjoy your new Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 running on AOKP ROM (ICS). Cheers!