Update Epic 4G Touch to Latest Leaked Firmware, FB27 [Ice Cream Sandwich]
If you’re searching for the latest Firmware update for your Samsung Epic 4G Touch then you came to the right place. It seems that Samsung got another Firmware leak called FB27. There’s no details on what is the improvement so try it for yourself to see the difference in other Firmware. This is not official Firmware leak so expect to see some bugs.
If you want to update your phone, just follow the simple steps below.
- Make sure that your device battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your device data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- Samsung Epic 4G Touch (rooted and CWM recovery installed)
- USB Data Cable
- First, download the FB27-Stock-2.tar on your computer.
- Then, download Odin 1.85.zip
- Next, extract the Odin 1.85.zip to a new folder (you should get the Odin3 v1.85.exe)
- Turn off your device.
- Go to Download mode: press and hold the Volume Down + Power. You’ll get a ‘Warning!‘ screen.. press Volume up to continue to enter download mode
- On your computer double-click the Odin 1.85.exe to run the program.
- Connect your device to the computer using your USB Data Cable.
- The Odin program will recognize your device and you will see that the ID : COM section will turn yellow, which will mean that all the drivers have been successfully installed.Now, in Odin, click PDA tab then select FB27-Stock-2.tar
- Make sure to select the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check box in the options.
- Then, click the START button. Now it will begin to update your device.
- When finished, your device should restart by itself. Restart it manually if it doesn’t.
- Wait for the Samsung logo then you can now safely remove your phone to the computer.
Congratulations, you have successfully installed the latest leak Firmware FB 27 (ICS), Enjoy exploring your Newly updated phone. Cheers!