Tired of the same old look of your Galaxy Nexus? Looking for ways to improve the performance of your phone? Well, you can do all of that once you flashed the The Skankwich GSM Kang ROM made by Mikey of XDA Developers Forum. This ROM is based on the famous Cyanogenmod 9 so expect to see some bugs that this ROM have.
Just follow the simple steps below in updating your phone.
- Make sure that your phone battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- Galaxy Nexus i9250
- USB Data Cable
- First, download the update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-GN-GSM-KANG-signed.02242012-0752.zip on your computer.
- Then, connect your phone to the computer using your USB Data Cable
- Next, copy the zip file you downloaded earlier to the root directory of your SD card.
- Disconnect your phone.
- Turn off your phone.
- Go to recovery mode: Press and hold the Power + Volume Up and Down. You will enter Fastboot mode. Here, press Volume Up twice till you see Recovery selected, then press Power button to boot into recovery. In recovery, use Volume buttons to navigate and the Power button to select.
- Once you’re in the recovery, do a nandroid backup by selecting backup> backup and restore> then backup to start saving your old ROM. (This will make a full backup of your existing ROM, and save it to the SD card. You can restore from this backup, if something gets messed up with the installation.)
- Now do a full wipe by selecting Mount and Storage then wipe the following:
- Format System
- Format Data
- Format Cache
- Go back to main menu and select advance then wipe dalvik-cache.
- From the main menu select install zip from Sd card> choose zip from Sd card> then select the update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-GN-GSM-KANG-signed.02242012-0752.zip file to start flashing the CM9 ROM.
- Finally, go back to main menu and select Reboot system now.
To install the Google apps first download the gapps-ics-20120224-signed.zip then go to recovery mode again and follow instruction #9.
Congratulations you can now enjoy your newly flash phone running on Cyanogenmod 9, enjoy!