Unofficial CM9 for Droid Bionic Emerges. Gets You Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich!
Finally Droid Bionic users can now experience the Ice Cream Sandwich through the ROM called Cyanogenmod 9 (unofficial) by droidth3ory of Rootzwiki. droidth3ory ported the Axiom Ionic ROM of Galaxy Nexus to work in Droid Bionic so expect some of the features might not work.
- Integrated Google Apps 4.0.4
- FULL DSP Manager
- better battery life
- better RAM management
- Force Home Launcher in GPU (Software)
- Disable Kernel logging (Speed)
- Proximity Sensor Hack (Light Up Faster)
- UI Enhancements APM
- and tons of Extras Tweaks
- Make sure that your device battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your device data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- Droid Bionic running on 5.9.902 firmware update
- USB Data Cable
(important) Download and install Bootstrap app so that you can install and enter ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery.
- First, download the AXI0M_B_BIONIC_4.0.3_AB1_SIGNED.zip
- Then, connect your phone to the computer using your USB data cable.
- Next, copy the zip file you downloaded earlier to the root directory of your SD card.
- Disconnect your phone to the computer.
- Run the Bionic SafeStrap app on your phone, then choose “Reboot Recovery” to reboot into ClockworkMod recovery.
- Once your in ClockworkMod recovery main menu, do a nandroid backup by selecting backup> backup and restore> then backup to start saving your old ROM. (This will make a full backup of your existing ROM, and save it to the SD card. You can restore from this backup, if something gets messed up with the installation.)
- Now do a full wipe by selecting Mount and Storage then wipe the following:
- Format System
- Format Data
- Format Cache
- Go back to main menu and select advance then wipe dalvik-cache.
- From the main menu select install zip from Sd card> choose zip from Sd card> then select the AXI0M_B_BIONIC_4.0.3_AB1_SIGNED.zip to start flashing the CyanogenMod 9 ROM.
- Finally, go back to main menu and select Reboot system now.
Congratulations you have successfully updated your Droid Bionic to CyanogenMod 9.