An alleged U.S. Cellular internal memo indicates that the Moto X could be launched on August 26.
The document, obtained by Android Central, reveals that the “Motorola X launch kit” should arrive a day earlier, on August 25, followed by the actual launch of the device in “waves.” “Wave 1,2 & 3” in the image below supposedly refers to sales order, with stores in LTE markets to receive the handset first, followed by stores in non-LTE markets.
However, pricing details are not mentioned in the leaked memo, but the Moto X is rumored to be quite affordable, even when purchased off-contract.
This isn’t the first time we hear the Moto X could be launched in August, with a previous report suggesting that Verizon could release the handset on August 23. A leaked Rogers Moto X promo video also said the phone was hitting Canada in August, revealing that the phone will be available in black and white when it’s released.
The Moto X is expected to be available from plenty of U.S. carriers, as Google is said to invest as much as $500 million in promoting the device in the region and in other markets. The U.S. Cellular Moto X version has already been spotted at the FCC (XT1055), alongside the Verizon (XT1060), AT&T (XT1058) and Sprint (XT1056) models.
Motorola is yet to invite the media for a proper announcement event for the handset, but we’d expect the company to soon unveil the Moto X considering the numerous leaks we’ve seen so far.