Android 4.1 Jelly Bean has been known to cause Android devices to perform better and faster. With sleek notifications, an über-customizable homescreen, and an amazingly fast and responsive system, Android users have been left stunned.
Although not everyone has this delicious software running on her or his device yet, the Jelly Bean update is slowly being rolled out for everyone to enjoy. After Asus pushed Jelly Bean to the Transformer Pad TF300T, the Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 was among those next in line. Now, users don't have to wait months longer to enjoy the sweet treats of Jelly Bean.
With the software upgrade, the Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 is sure to perform faster and provide a smoother interface for your using pleasure.
This guide shows you how to upgrade the Transformer Prime TF201 to Jelly Bean manually.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime, model number TF201. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 with firmware version 184.108.40.206
- Your tablet's SKU, which you can figure out as follows:
- Go to Settings > About tablet.
- Scroll down to “Build number”. The build number will usually start with TW, US, or WW. That is your tablet's SKU.
- Download one of the following stock Android 4.1 Jelly Bean firmware packages, depending on your tablet's SKU:
- TW (TW_epad_user_10_4_2_15_UpdateLauncher.zip, 317 MB)
- US (US_epad_user_10_4_2_15_UpdateLauncher.zip, 312 MB)
- WW (WW_epad_10_4_2_15_UpdateLauncher.zip, 306 MB)
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your tablet to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
NOTE: The following instructions use WW_epad_10_4_2_15_UpdateLauncher.zip as example file. Replace it with your tablet's SKU-specific package.
- Unzip WW_epad_10_4_2_15_UpdateLauncher.zip into a convenient location on your computer. You will get another ZIP file named WW_epad-user-10.4.2.15.zip (file name will vary according to SKU) after unzipping. Do not unzip the extracted ZIP file.
- Copy the extracted ZIP file to your tablet's internal SD card (/sdcard).
- Reboot your tablet.
- Once the tablet has rebooted, you will find a software update notification waiting at the notification menu.
- Tap on the software update notification to begin the update process. It will guide you along the way, so just follow the onscreen prompts.
Congratulations! You have manually upgraded your Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.