It’s been a while since touch-based ClockworkMod Recovery for several Android devices was released. After a long wait, the touch-based version of ClockworkMod Recovery is now available for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201, and it’s ready for you to use for flashing custom ROMs with it.
ClockworkMod Touch Recovery is simply the touch-based version of Koushik Dutta’s world-popular ClockworkMod Recovery. The chief difference between the classic ClockworkMod Recovery and the touch-based version is that with the latter, you can use the touchscreen to navigate around the custom recovery’s menus.
If you want to install ClockworkMod Touch Recovery on your Asus Transformer Prime TF201, here are the requirements and instructions for the installation.
- These instructions are intended for the Asus Transformer Prime TF201 only. Do not use these on a different device.
- These instructions are for educational purposes only. Use them at your own risk and do not hold us responsible for whatever happens to your phone.
- A rooted ASUS Transformer Prime with an unlocked bootloader.
- Use the official Asus tool for unlocking your tablet’s bootloader. Get it from here.
- See this guide for help with rooting.
- Install the appropriate USB drivers for Transformer Prime on your PC. You can get the drivers from the ASUS support page.
- Charge your battery to 50% to avoid installation interruption due to power loss.
- Make a back up of all the important data on your device ( i.e. contacts, call logs, files, bookmarks and internet settings) because the process involves wiping the data of your device.
- Download ADB and Fastboot from here:
- Download the ClockworkMod Touch Recovery image from here (recovery-clockwork-touch-188.8.131.52-tf201.img, md5sum: 8989e0c76bade873a5c750340313767f).
- Extract the ADB and Fastboot package into a folder on your PC. You may need to use RAR extraction software such as WinRAR.
- Rename recovery-clockwork-touch-184.108.40.206-tf201.img into cwm-touch.img.
- Copy recovery-clockwork-touch-220.127.116.11-tf201.img into the same folder where adb or adb.exe is located.
- Enable USB debugging on your Transformer Prime. (Go to Settings > Applications > Development or Settings > Developer Options.)
- Connect your tablet to your PC via USB cable.
- Open a command prompt or terminal window and navigate to the folder where adb or adb.exe is located. (If you’re on Windows, double-click on commandprompt.bat to open a command prompt within the folder.)
- Type the following at the terminal or command prompt (if on Linux, replace
- Your tablet will reboot into Fastboot mode. Check that it’s in Fastboot Mode by typing
fastboot devices (for Windows) or
./fastboot devices (for Linux). You should see your tablet’s serial number displayed on the terminal or command prompt.
- Enter the following command at the terminal or command prompt window (if on Linux, replace
fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash recovery cwm-touch.img
- When the progress bar is full, flashing is complete.
Terminal Emulator Method
- Install Android Terminal Emulator on your tablet.
- Download the ClockworkMod Recovery image file directly to your tablet, preferably in the root of the /sdcard directory. Take note of where the file is saved. Rename the file to cwm-touch.blob.
- Launch Android Terminal Emulator on your tablet.
- Enter the commands below. If you did not save/move/copy the image file to the /sdcard directory, you need to replace /sdcardin the second command below with the correct directory where you saved the recovery image file to.
dd if=/sdcard/cwm-touch.blob of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
- Reboot your tablet. The blob file will be automatically installed as your tablet reboots.
ROM Manager Method
This method is the easiest, but it comes with a small price.
- Buy and install ROM Manager (Premium) on your tablet.
- Open the ROM Manager app.
- Tap on Flash ClockworkMod Recovery and select Touch ClockworkMod Recovery.
- After installation is complete, you can access Recovery Mode by selecting Reboot Into Recovery.
Congratulations! You now have the touch-based ClockworkMod Touch Recovery on your ASUS Transformer Prime TF201.